Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 09-10-2019, 05:55 PM

I am caught up into the insurance/doctor merry go round dance; but hope to have answers next week. My wonderful cousin, Mary and her companion Bob is arranging time off from attending Country music fests to help us out with driving and chores here at home, so praying that it all can be arranged soon. They are so good to us and help us out so many different ways. I have gotten Mary started to quilting a bit, too.

Have a great week and weekend with sewing time on your calendars. I might get 6 fall placemats done.
Old 09-10-2019, 06:49 PM

Gluing the top & sheet to the Minkie is so much easier than it was to glue that sheet to the top. It is done! I would have been done sooner if I hadn't ran outta glue. LOL I went into town & picked up the gallon of glue that Mike ordered for me a couple of days ago. While I was there I picked up supper. After supper I sat around for a bit. Eventually I got around to finish basting it. DFGD has chosen the stitch she wants me to use now I gotta find the best thread. I'm leaning toward a prudy grey.

Sue I'm glad that ya have help w/transportation. Isn't it good to have someone who wants to learn to quilt?
I do understand the Dr-Insurance dance! It can make ya dizzy. Here's hoping that ya get off that merry-go-round soon.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:17 PM

QNS, Oh? That's what it's called, the insurance/doctor merry-go-round dance? Bah, I've been on that a couple of months...
Old 09-12-2019, 08:40 PM

My day got interrupted & reallocated. I got a call from DD that she had hives on her face again. I took her to the ER. She was then under the influence of Benadryl & unable to drive. So I took her & the kids to Fredricksburg for their Theater Academy. She & I then had a great time in Fredricksburg. She was walking straight by that time.
Old 09-14-2019, 06:46 AM

One more time around the Mulberry Bush. First Dr. cannot accurately tell second Dr. where the dang growth is, so I have to drink that delicious drink all day Tuesday and go for another visit to operating room for another look up ? you don't want to know where! I will be fine on Thursday, laughing at it all. The tumor will be located and plans made to donate it to science, or the trash bin. Then I can get back into quilting and sew up a storm. All is well that ends well. I have high hopes of finishing several quilt tops yet this year! And those promised boxes will be send before Christmas, so email or PM me on current addresses, Please. I reserve the right to add more to each one.
Old 09-14-2019, 09:22 AM

dublb--it is great you are available to help DD out and that you have a good time together. Have they figured out what she is allergic to/what is causing the hives? I am looking forward to going to a local quilt show (put on by the guild) this week with my mom followed by lunch. We've been trying to get together more regularly. She isn't a quilter but enjoys seeing quilts so it will be fun.

QNS--So sorry you are having all this running around to do and can't just get the answers you need to move forward on things!! I always enjoyed your goodie boxes. I have PM'd you my address...the kids will be excited too!!

I got the blocks all done for the UFO I've been working on this week. Next is sashing. I took a break to cut fabrics for a quilt (a lady pays me to do all her cutting for her). Also this week I was hired to make a couple of wallhangings so will work on cutting that fabric this weekend. It was sooooo nice to have a little sewing time this week!!!!
Old 09-18-2019, 02:54 PM

Health problems all solved today. Good to go again at other problems of life in the senior lane!

Hope to get back to quilting soon, Dutchman's store has a special on canning tomatoes! After resting a couple of days might make another run there. They are also having a tent sale of fabric at fanitic prices. Free ice cream cones. Need that insulate padding for hot pads, etc. But first a day of rest and recovery.
Old 09-18-2019, 03:59 PM

Glad you are on the mend QNS! Tent sale sounds like fun!
Old 09-18-2019, 05:33 PM
Power Poster

Glad to hear your health problems are resolved, QNS! God is good!
Old 09-19-2019, 03:16 AM

I'm glad that's over Sue. Take your time recovering.
I'm doing the sewing machine repair class this week. I have decided to drive back & forth each day so I can sleep in my own bed. It is a 2 hour drive. I am taking a nice muscle relaxing bath in my claw foot bathtub each evening. My tired muscles aren't keeping me awake, just all that I have learned going through my head!