Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Quilt-Along week 31  blocks 61 & 62  Discussion Page: Notice >

The FWS Quilt-Along week 31 blocks 61 & 62 Discussion Page: Notice

The FWS Quilt-Along week 31 blocks 61 & 62 Discussion Page: Notice

Old 03-06-2011, 03:40 PM

YIPPEE! I,m finally caught up. Just finished #62. I was so far behind after the holidays--finishing Christmas gifts and then a birthday quilt. It feels so good to be up to date.

Barb
Old 03-06-2011, 04:13 PM

hey Ladies,
I was wondering if one of yall could tell me how big the sashing strips and cornerstones are? my printer is still down and it just dosent say in the book! I want to get started on cutting out my scrappy cornerstones.
THANKS
Old 03-06-2011, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by deranged_damsel
hey Ladies,
I was wondering if one of yall could tell me how big the sashing strips and cornerstones are? my printer is still down and it just dosent say in the book! I want to get started on cutting out my scrappy cornerstones.
THANKS
deranged - Starting on page 245 in the book, it gives you the templates that you use for the cornerstones, setting triangles and sashing strips for various sizes of quilts. :-D
Old 03-06-2011, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by JeanieG
hey Ladies,
THANKS
deranged - Starting on page 245 in the book, it gives you the templates that you use for the cornerstones, setting triangles and sashing strips for various sizes of quilts. :-D
thank you Jeanie! if it was a snake it would have bit me!
the only template I dont have printed out is the sashing strip #106. but I should be able to figure it out now that I know the cornerstones are #19. it SHOULD be the same width as 19 and six 1/2 long I think?
thanks again :D :D :D
Old 03-06-2011, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by JeanieG
hey Ladies,
THANKS
thank you Jeanie! if it was a snake it would have bit me!
the only template I dont have printed out is the sashing strip #106. but I should be able to figure it out now that I know the cornerstones are #19. it SHOULD be the same width as 19 and six 1/2 long I think?
thanks again :D :D :D
Your very welcome. I've got my 1st half of the quilt up on my display board and have "playing" with them for a week, moving them around and getting ready to do the sashing on them. My 2nd half is a different material, so won't have to worry about them for a while. I decided to make it into 2 lap size quilts.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:13 AM

Jeanie, I am rather partial to your fabrics and color combo choices, you will have two spectacular quilts when you are done :D
Old 03-08-2011, 11:16 AM

Hi Ladies, The sashing for the blocks is 1-1/2" x 6-1/2" I would add a little bit more to the length and trim after sewing the sashing on....this way you have a little bit to play with as opposed to being short. Anne
Old 03-08-2011, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Honchey
Hi Ladies, The sashing for the blocks is 1-1/2" x 6-1/2" I would add a little bit more to the length and trim after sewing the sashing on....this way you have a little bit to play with as opposed to being short. Anne
Thanks Anne, I am finalizing the blocks for my first quilt (Northwood's Botanical), so will start putting on the sashing real soon. I'm going to cut my sashing fabric using my Shape Cut Plus Ruler. Love that thing! Will save loads of time!
Old 03-09-2011, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by Honchey
Thanks Anne :D
its a good idea to cut a little bit extra.
most of my blocks are the right size 6 1/2 x 6 1/2 but quite alot of them ended up smaller! most within 1/16th but one or two 1/8th.
so playing with the sashing is going to be a little bit of work! we will see how it turns out!
Old 03-09-2011, 07:04 AM

I am going to cut long 1/1/2" wide strips from my sashing fabric and chain sew all my blocks onto the strips, leaving a bit of sashing strip between each block. Thought you might be interested in doing this also, rather than cutting out all those 6-1/2" lengths first.