Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Quilt-Along Week 38 Blocks 75 & 76 Discussion Page >

The FWS Quilt-Along Week 38 Blocks 75 & 76 Discussion Page

The FWS Quilt-Along Week 38 Blocks 75 & 76 Discussion Page

Old 04-23-2011, 11:39 AM

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. I have pp, pinned, did templates and marked seams, even tried Anne's wonderful rotary cutting...but my one eye keeps "tricking me". Its like sitting a full glass of milk on the table, and seeing it fall to the floor...the latest, third try...

rosebud; center is not lining up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]188037[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-188031.jpe  
Old 04-23-2011, 11:43 AM

Maybe I will try, try again. Going back through all my blocks and arranging, changing now I can see the whole picture...and my goal of getting the block to say its name, if I can. Therefore, number fourteen, first in the block arrangement has changed. See if you like the second one the best...I think I do.

Old butterfly at crossroads
[ATTACH=CONFIG]188044[/ATTACH]

New butterfly at the crossroads
[ATTACH=CONFIG]188045[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-188038.jpe   attachment-188039.jpe  
Old 04-23-2011, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue
Maybe I will try, try again. Going back through all my blocks and arranging, changing now I can see the whole picture...and my goal of getting the block to say its name, if I can. Therefore, number fourteen, first in the block arrangement has changed. See if you like the second one the best...I think I do.
In looking at rosebud the ruler isn't on the center of the block. It isn't really off that much. I love the new Butterfly. Anne
Old 04-23-2011, 01:34 PM

I agree-I don't think you're off by that much. OMG some of mine are so crooked it looks like I was drinking when I made them. Once the sashing is on and they're quilted, I don't think it will be off.
I do like Butterfly #2-very cheery.
Can we block some of these blocks into shape if they're a little wonky? Seems like a lot of bias edges to the blocks so there may be some give in them (I HOPE THERE IS). I guess I'm hoping for miracles from quilting and sashing. Mine have all finished up at 6 1/4" with a couple at 6 3/8 and a couple at 6 1/8 so I have some fudging to do.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by janRN
I agree-I don't think you're off by that much. OMG some of mine are so crooked it looks like I was drinking when I made them. Once the sashing is on and they're quilted, I don't think it will be off.
I do like Butterfly #2-very cheery.
Can we block some of these blocks into shape if they're a little wonky? Seems like a lot of bias edges to the blocks so there may be some give in them (I HOPE THERE IS). I guess I'm hoping for miracles from quilting and sashing. Mine have all finished up at 6 1/4" with a couple at 6 3/8 and a couple at 6 1/8 so I have some fudging to do.
Yes, mine were different sizes too. They were able to be "pulled" to match the sashing pretty well. There was quite a bit of give to them! I was very worried too.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue
Oh love the butterfly in the middle!!!