Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Quilt-Along  week 45 blocks 89 & 90 Discussion Page >

The FWS Quilt-Along week 45 blocks 89 & 90 Discussion Page

The FWS Quilt-Along week 45 blocks 89 & 90 Discussion Page

Old 06-08-2011, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue
Yep, I did early morning weeding in the garden; harvested few things to take care on inside because it has been hot and dry.

Love your new home, Anne; beautiful lawn and house.

Maybe we can post our blocks in the morning? Yes, I have all 111 plus done and trying to get the rows sewed together. They are laid out on my visual board, trying to get all the squares in the right position. Goofed up several I am ripping out and sitting them the right way. It's a twist and shout time. lol!!
Hi All, QNS...I am so jealous..you have all your blocks done and put together. Kudos to you :thumbup: :thumbup: Anne
Old 06-08-2011, 07:40 PM
Kaz

Love Georgia. Was where we used to go when I flew over from the Uk most times. Savannah though. We even got married there, lol. But yeah. NC is nice too.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by weezie
Originally Posted by deranged_damsel
nice house Anne :D

really Weezie??? I miss GA! ATL was my favorite place we ever lived, I still dream of that little house we were going to buy... sigh!
It's SOOOOOOO HOT!!!! And SO much traffic. We are very lucky to live in the "country" vs. "city" and still be just a few minutes' drive from a big mall, a large selection of grocery stores, Joann's, and just about anything we might need. However, to avoid sitting & driving in heavy traffic, we have to shoot for early morning for appointments and shopping trips.
oooohhh!!! we lived in Bham Al for 10 yrs, so Atl was COOL in comparison :lol: :lol: :lol:
I hear you on the traffic tho, especially south Atl, what a nightmare!!! we were looking in the Soda Springs area, very RURAL, not much shopping, all Mom and Pop. but MUCH better commute :mrgreen:
Old 06-09-2011, 06:28 AM

My countup in 26 done. I'm bringing up the rear. Love your blocks.
Originally Posted by Honchey
Sorry I'm late..I keep on getting bumped off for some reason. Countdown...21 blocks to go....WhoooHooo!!
Old 06-09-2011, 06:31 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by PiecesinMn
Sorry I'm late..I keep on getting bumped off for some reason. Countdown...21 blocks to go....WhoooHooo!!
Pieces ... take ♥ ... you are not at the rear! I only found this site in April, heard about this pattern/quilt-a-long in May and then started. So not so compared to me, you're waaaaay ahead!!! :lol:
Old 06-09-2011, 06:50 AM

Good to know I'm in good company. Hopefully, with working less during the summer I can get more blocks done. Just love doing them.
Originally Posted by QuiltE
Pieces ... take ♥ ... you are not at the rear! I only found this site in April, heard about this pattern/quilt-a-long in May and then started. So not so compared to me, you're waaaaay ahead!!! :lol:
Old 06-09-2011, 08:15 AM

Good to know I'm in good company. Hopefully, with working less during the summer I can get more blocks done. Just love doing them.
Originally Posted by QuiltE
Hi, All of you newbies that have blocks stashed somewhere.. hidden...Post them. We love to see them. It gives inspiration to others that may want to start but are leery of trying to do this quilt-along. We love eye candy!! Anne
Old 06-09-2011, 08:23 AM
Power Poster

Thanks Honchey ... I keep planning to do so ... need to make the time and do some pics. I had hoped to keep up with the current blocks posted. That worked for the first couple weeks, then spring sprung and yardwork called ... then of course that nasty four letter word WORK (the paying stuff!) is always in the way. I've been having withdrawal symptoms as I have not sewn for a week now!! So as I cleared the deck and this afternoon, some quality time with my sewing machine ... and hopefully finish quilting a Stained Glass runner. Soon more FWS time! :)
Old 06-12-2011, 04:54 PM

Well we just got home from our month long trip. Gotta get caught up now.

Can't believe we are really at #90 already! Gosh we have had such a great time doing these blocks.

I'm looking forward to the new Pony Quilt. Hope a lot of you guys will continue onto that one when we are done!
Old 06-12-2011, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by JeanieG
Well we just got home from our month long trip. Gotta get caught up now.

Can't believe we are really at #90 already! Gosh we have had such a great time doing these blocks.

I'm looking forward to the new Pony Quilt. Hope a lot of you guys will continue onto that one when we are done!
Hi, I think i read somewhere or even on the book cover that everything is included in the book...rotary cutting, pping, templates. I hope so!! I completed 5 blocks in the last 2 days. 2 of them are catch up blocks. I want to make sure that by the end of this journey that I'm all caught up. Anne