Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
HOW ABOUT A BLOCK A WEEK= 4 A MONTH ??? >

HOW ABOUT A BLOCK A WEEK= 4 A MONTH ???

HOW ABOUT A BLOCK A WEEK= 4 A MONTH ???

Old 04-13-2008, 09:19 AM

OK How about a Block a Week??? We Would Love especially the Easy ones put in for Beginners, Like Sguares or half sguare Triangles??? Would be a BIG Learning TOOL!!!
Old 04-13-2008, 12:03 PM
Administrator

if you want to start a Block of the Week, you may do so if

you volunteer to also maintain the picker list.

we find a way to have it compliment the Block of the [Twice a] Month already going on. (Dueling programs might cause stress and confusion for the poor moderator. :mrgreen: :wink: :mrgreen: )

Share your ideas. If there's enough interest we'll work it out.
Old 04-13-2008, 02:50 PM

:cry: Well PROBLEM is I don't know How,OR What a Picker List IS??? But I thought it would be More is More Fun!!!
Old 04-13-2008, 02:51 PM

:cry: Well PROBLEM is I don't know How,OR What a Picker List IS??? But I thought it would be More is More Fun!!!
Old 04-13-2008, 07:28 PM
Banned

:wink: OK, I'll Join In.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:50 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by The SHADOW
if you check in the blue area of this section, you'll see the list of members who have signed up to pick our blocks every two weeks. you don't have to be on the list to make the blocks. that part is open to everyone who wants to work and play along. even visitors to the board are welcome to participate. (you only have to be a registered member if you want to post comments or photos.)

we would start a second list for the alternating two weeks. in order to make sure we didn't have two blocks going up at once, one list of people would be posting on the original 1st and 15th. we could build a new, second, list of people who want a turn picking on the 8th and 23d of each month, offering a total of four blocks each month. not a "proper" block of the week, i know, but surely close enough, i hope.

we try to keep the list of rules as short as possible to keep it fun. the same set of rules would apply to both programs. you'd maintain the second list by name and date, as we already do the first list. Shadow, you would have primary responsibility for keeping the list up to date based on pms you receive from volunteers asking to be added to the list of pickers. Admin and I would be the only others "authorized" to add or make changes to that original post. any general comments would have to be in seperate topics so the list doesn't get lost among related chatter.

let's wait to see how many people want to volunteer to choose and or make two more blocks each month. if there aren't enough to start a "formal" program, with a blue list, etc, those who want to play could certainly still use the board to do it informally amongst yourselves until/unless more folks catch on and want to "join".

clear as mud? :lol:
Old 04-14-2008, 06:52 AM

Shadow, have you been doing the twice a month blocks already? Some are fairly ambitious and take a lot of time and forethought. If your plan is to only do beginner blocks to fit in the time frame, you may find yourself running out of pattern choices before you run out of weeks.

Can you really commit to maintaining and keeping the program going, or will you disappear when beginner blocks no longer are a challenge for you?

Inquiring minds want to know...
Old 04-14-2008, 10:32 AM

Yikes.... this means I will be not only 2 hundred blocks behind but now I will be 400 blocks behind....
Old 04-14-2008, 11:01 AM

one a week? wow, good luck :)
Old 04-15-2008, 05:50 AM

I am trying to do the blocks I feel comfortable with, so I will just continue with that. Am way behind though, so will just keep plugging along. The more ideas the merrier. And I love looking at everyones blocks and color combinations.