Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Jan. 31, 2014 - New Mystery Quilt Train Ride Will Begin

I am waiting at the station for the train. See you on the 31st.

Blog Entries
    do we have an idea of fabrics yet? Or, will this not happen till the 31st?
    Life's More Fun with a Doxie !!
    ​Have a Great Day !
    Vicki G
    https://www.facebook.com/vickigdesigns
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/VickiGDesigns

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzy View Post
    Does anyone have a picture of either one of the previous 2 train ride quilts to post?
    if u look in the photo archives, the very last one has it's own heading. I think it is called mystery train ride. 9 patch with stars at the intersection of the sashings. mine has the black stars, and was on the floor. I think I did the quilting on it also. loops.

And several of her mystery threads are on the first page of the BOM sections, because so many people have been looking them up and commenting on them. picures are towards the last pages.
    Last edited by sewNso; 01-27-2014 at 11:53 AM.

Blog Entries
    One more at the station and I can hear the train a comin'. Good thing this train is the kind that is bigger on the inside than it looks on the outside. Room for everybody. It's the dinning car that can get a little crowded at times. Ha ha. Nice try Vicki, trying to get a clue before we start.

Thanks so much Judy, for the ride.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzy View Post
    Does anyone have a picture of either one of the previous 2 train ride quilts to post?
    Lizzy, see my post at #43 above. I added the links to the previous five train rides we did. Looking forward to this new one!
    "I keep my end tables full of needlework and quilting so I don't have to dust them." ~ Author Unknown but I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by ayellowrose View Post
    My bags are packed and I can't wait to get out of Iowa. We're freezing up here! Can we spend some time in Florida? I'd love the chance to get warm for a few days and enjoy some sunshine. I'll make some no bake cookies to share.
    Make sure you go as far south here in Fl. as you can...we're going to be in the 20's for the next few days after today in the 60's. Schools are closed for the next 2 days as we are very unprepared for snow & ice...they were talking about maybe trying to put sand on the roads! BRRRRRRRR...we are not used to this...Spring, where are you?

Houston area expecting the same for the second week in a row. Of course it was 70+ yesterday!

last couple of times depending on the project size the first month was picking your fabrics and auditioning them with the troops here to see if they might work as required.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

yeah, yeah, I'll find my way. Looking forward to seeing everyone once again.

Blog Entries
    I am ready. I will have to cook up something yummy for the ride. With all of the cold weather I am thinking a big pot of lasagne soup will be good. I will add some bread to go with it.
    I have only done ride #4. It was a great way to use up some of my stash. I donated it for a fundraiser and it raised quite a bit of money. My goal for the year again is to sew mostly from my stash, so hopefully I can do this ride mostly from the stash too.
    Thanks again Judy for doing this. I know it takes a lot of time. I love your new Avatar.

Wow, love all the enthusiasm! This is gonna be a great ride, can't wait to get started. Glad to see new faces among the returning passengers. We are all a bit nutsy, but we are a fun group, aren't we? Don't let anyone scare you new gals off, we are all harmless.

Someone PMed me wanting to know the size. Well, more than a few Someones. I usually do lap size if it is a quilt that can be doubled or quadrupled or more, and for #5 I liked it so much I did enough to make a king-sized for myself Don't know the word for 6 times the original size.. But you never know what you are going to get. I guess that's why it is ..... a MYSTERY! Bwaaa haa haa!
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Blog Entries
    L o l.

Blog Entries
    It's cold here, too, so i have concocted a pumpkin soup. It is not like pumpkin pie filling, lol, altho' that's pretty yummy stuff!
    1 can pumpkin ( smaller size)
    2. Cups chicken broth, divided
    2 links chicken sausage, peppers and cheese flavor
    1 minced clove garlic, or equivalent,
    1 can cannelini beans, with liquid
    cinnamon ( about 1/4 tsp or less)
    salt and pepper, to taste
    dash hot pepper flakes
    lightly brown the garlic in bottom of PAM sprayed sauce pot
    Add whole sausage links , allow them to brown slightly, and add 1" of chicken broth. Cover and simmer 3-4 minutes to release some flavor into the broth. Remove sausage, and set aside to cool.
    be sure to scrape bottom of pan to release any caramelization into the broth.
    add the pumpkin and other ingredients except sausage. Heat through. Meanwhile, slice sausage into 1/2" rounds, then quarter the rounds.. Add to soup a few minutes before serving to be sure the sausage is heated.
    I often use mrs dash, or adobo for seasoning. I taste as i go. I used low fat, low sodium ingredients with the exception of the sausage. Enjoy!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Blog Entries
    Hey, Judy , are we taking the train with the swimming pool? Just need to know if i need my bathing suit. That would be an extra suitcase!

Nancia, the train has a nice hot tub! Yes bring the suit!

This will be my first mystry ride. I have always miss it in the past.

See you all on the 31st for sure. Have three jeans quilts to finish up but I CAN FIT ONE MORE IN!

Thanks Judy for doing this.
    Gail

This will be a first for me!!
    Kim

Wife to the love of my life. Mom to a Marine, a college student, an 12 year old 'surprise blessing', two Bichon Maltese brothers, and 3 kitties.

Blog Entries
    Excited to take another train ride. Bags packed, now off to make some snacks for the ride.
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain

I'm thinking we may ask the engineer to head north, might as well stay with winter. You can USE your swiMsuit in the hot tub. Maybe Canada will have some different snow or else we can watch for the aurora borealis. Any other suggestions on alternate destinations?
    Quote Originally Posted by nancia View Post
    hey, judy , are we taking the train with the swimming pool? Just need to know if i need my bathing suit. That would be an extra suitcase!
    Last edited by paintmejudy; 01-29-2014 at 07:47 AM.
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Blog Entries
    I, too, am using stash only. Any hints on how many fabrics? Can it be a two color quilt? I really want to do a blue and white . I'm setting my alarm for 9 am Friday. Will the new thread be posted by then?

North? North you say.... Well, I've got enough flubber that I should stay warm so mush you huskies!

Looking forward to this trip -- we might get to see some moose (or is that meese?) and bears along the tracks. Keep your arms inside folks...don't feed the animals, save it for us
    Lisa L.
    Howdies from Possum Trot (yes it does exist)
    My most recent swap - Boomerang 16

Blog Entries
    WOW! Looks like everyone is already wound pretty tight. We are all anxious to get started apparently. My bags are already at the station. The station master asked if it was time for another mystery quilt train. I assured him you would pick me up Friday a.m.

P.S. I can be at the station at 12:01 a.m. 01/31/14!
    Aurora

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." -Robert A. Heinlein

I can never sleep the night before a trip, so I better make sure I have a good book to read.

wahooo!!! I think I can! I think I can! I think I can!

Blog Entries
    I'm at the station waiting......I'm the one dressed in two winter coats. would put on two boots per foot if I could. I've got all my stash with me, too, as I plan to use only stash. Thank you Judy for all your effort.
    We are here to learn how to live in heaven - I'm still learning.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast