Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • Jane Stickle Cyber Sew - Week 4 - H4, F7, H3, A9, LS10 >
  • Jane Stickle Cyber Sew - Week 4 - H4, F7, H3, A9, LS10

  • Jane Stickle Cyber Sew - Week 4 - H4, F7, H3, A9, LS10

    Old 01-27-2010, 03:59 PM
      #131  
    Power Poster
     
    Join Date: Sep 2007
    Posts: 18,726
    Default

    I'm all for getting them complete anyway you can. I was thinking today as I was sewing a border all the way around a block...was this actually a mistake that Jane Stickle made? Isn't it amazing and wouldn't she get a huge laugh at everyone who is "copying" her "mistakes"... :shock: ??
    sandpat is offline  
    Old 01-27-2010, 04:50 PM
      #132  
    Senior Member
     
    sarahelloyd's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2009
    Location: Romsey, Hants, UK
    Posts: 754
    Default

    sandpat, that hadn't occurred to me but it is a funny thought, i wonder what hazards she had to contend with, especially when it came to ironing!
    sarahelloyd is offline  
    Old 01-27-2010, 05:57 PM
      #133  
    Super Member
     
    Tiffany's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2007
    Location: Idaho Falls
    Posts: 1,907
    Default

    Wow! Everyone's blocks are so amazing!
    Tiffany is offline  
    Old 01-27-2010, 08:49 PM
      #134  
    Super Member
     
    Join Date: May 2008
    Location: IN
    Posts: 1,807
    Default

    I was missing these posts and have really fallen behind...but the blocks are just gorgeous, everyone!
    retrogirl02 is offline  
    Old 01-28-2010, 10:49 AM
      #135  
    Junior Member
     
    Join Date: Jul 2009
    Location: Fabric Pile, PA
    Posts: 267
    Default

    WOWOW
    what fun all of your blocks are...I have started, tried to do a few by machine, still think will be easier for me to hand sew.
    Hope to post next week of my small pile,
    Has anyone thought of the Dear Jane Reject quilt for all those that turn out just strange?
    hugs to all dear janers
    JRSAY is offline  
    Old 01-28-2010, 12:19 PM
      #136  
    Super Member
     
    Tiffany's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2007
    Location: Idaho Falls
    Posts: 1,907
    Default

    Originally Posted by JRSAY
    WOWOW
    what fun all of your blocks are...I have started, tried to do a few by machine, still think will be easier for me to hand sew.
    Hope to post next week of my small pile,
    Has anyone thought of the Dear Jane Reject quilt for all those that turn out just strange?
    hugs to all dear janers
    Yes, a DJ Reject quilt has been brought up a few times. I'm hoping I don't make that many mistakes that I can make an entire quilt out of them! :lol:
    Tiffany is offline  
    Old 01-28-2010, 04:29 PM
      #137  
    Power Poster
     
    Join Date: Sep 2007
    Posts: 18,726
    Default

    Yes...I, ummmm, will probably be able to carpet our town with reject blocks....by the way...I have 11 reject blocks from the Christmas swap....the blocks themselves are perfect...the red will run if you wash them though...anybody want them? I'm gonna toss them.
    sandpat is offline  
    Old 01-28-2010, 04:30 PM
      #138  
    Super Member
     
    luvmortherest's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2009
    Location: oklahoma
    Posts: 1,569
    Default

    Originally Posted by sandpat
    Yes...I, ummmm, will probably be able to carpet our town with reject blocks....by the way...I have 11 reject blocks from the Christmas swap....the blocks themselves are perfect...the red will run if you wash them though...anybody want them? I'm gonna toss them.
    why don't you do a wall hanging with them?
    luvmortherest is offline  
    Old 01-28-2010, 05:10 PM
      #139  
    Power Poster
     
    Join Date: Sep 2007
    Posts: 18,726
    Default

    I could....but since I made 11 of them, actually 12 counting the one I ruined...then made another 18 of that same...bleepin'....block...I hate it now! :roll: :lol: :lol: Call it an expensive lesson learned..both financially AND timewise!
    sandpat is offline  
    Old 01-28-2010, 05:15 PM
      #140  
    Super Member
     
    luvmortherest's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2009
    Location: oklahoma
    Posts: 1,569
    Default

    Originally Posted by sandpat
    I could....but since I made 11 of them, actually 12 counting the one I ruined...then made another 18 of that same...bleepin'....block...I hate it now! :roll: :lol: :lol: Call it an expensive lesson learned..both financially AND timewise!
    you could do a 10 block wall hanging and a coaster :?: i just hate to see you throw away perfectly good blocks. how about maybe some coasters for friends or family :-(
    luvmortherest is offline  
    Related Topics
    Thread
    Thread Starter
    Forum
    Replies
    Last Post
    Esqmommy
    Blocks of the Month and Week
    171
    04-15-2011 09:25 AM
    Sheree from Chicago
    Blocks of the Month and Week
    177
    04-09-2011 05:36 PM
    sandpat
    Blocks of the Month and Week
    170
    04-09-2011 04:05 PM
    Esqmommy
    Blocks of the Month and Week
    193
    02-20-2011 05:46 AM
    Esqmommy
    Blocks of the Month and Week
    176
    02-10-2011 06:37 AM

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is On
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off


    FREE Quilting Newsletter