Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Jane Stickle Cyber Sew Week 5 - I3, H7, D3, E2, RS6 >

Jane Stickle Cyber Sew Week 5 - I3, H7, D3, E2, RS6

Jane Stickle Cyber Sew Week 5 - I3, H7, D3, E2, RS6

Old 04-28-2010, 05:43 PM

LOL Nothing is hand embroidered...two of the blocks, on your right, have a decorative stitch from my vintage Singer 401A sewing machine! My regular working girl, aka my Bernina, was being serviced. I am going to sew on the Singer more, I kind of enjoyed it! Thanks Sharon and Sherre! :)

PS: The only hand stitching I have done, is Week #17 on the block with 4 little circles. I remember why I don't that!! Probably, that circle block will be the only one that has hand stitching!
Old 04-28-2010, 05:51 PM

Wilhelmina, I love your blocks, I don't blame you wanting to machine stitch as much as possible. Each time I finish a machine worked piece and look on it as a huge lesson learned. By the way I adore your avatar picture.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:02 PM

Great looking blocks Wilhelmena!
Old 04-29-2010, 05:03 AM
Power Poster

Wil...those look wonderful! I love your red floral background...what a great way to use that one. I'm struggling with that larger print and still have some of the green, red and black colorway of it left at this point. On the larger blocks its hard for me to use because I just have the jellyroll strip.

I agree with the others...you pointy points look great on your applique!
Old 04-29-2010, 05:57 PM

Sharon, I should have known what you meant, LOL but I too was brain dead too, what a day. Anyway, here is a pic of the back of the block. Anyway, I thought you believed I hand stitched the finish, NOT it is a decorative stitch and a nice sharp pair of scissiors for those lovely points!

Thanks to all for the support!

I don't do hand work, arthritis kicks up to big a fuss.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-25088.jpe  
Old 04-29-2010, 05:59 PM

I DID think it was handwork. It is still beautiful!
Old 04-29-2010, 06:00 PM

Very nice work Meredith - love your fabric choices and the blocks look terrific!
Old 04-29-2010, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by sarahelloyd
Wilhelmina, I love your blocks, I don't blame you wanting to machine stitch as much as possible. Each time I finish a machine worked piece and look on it as a huge lesson learned. By the way I adore your avatar picture.
That quilt is almost all applique, machine applique, and I love that quilt. I thought it took a long time...hummm The picture is too small, but the houses have house numbers and belong to my family. It is my town! The name of the pattern is, I think, All Around Town, by a lady in Houston, Tx. I made it a few years ago, its on the wall in my Sewing Studio. Thanks!
Old 04-30-2010, 05:09 AM
Power Poster

Meredith, that stitching looks great on that block! I too love your avatar...thats cool that the houses have your families addresses on them. :D
Old 04-30-2010, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Meredith, that stitching looks great on that block! I too love your avatar...thats cool that the houses have your families addresses on them. :D
It really got a bit involved. We lived in a blue house at the time, so the blue house with the flag is ours, my daughter's favorite color is red, so the red house is hers; my brother is a good size guy, so his house is the whale house :) he doesn't mind, just glad he got one of the houses! My great aunt always managed her money well, so she has the gold house; my mother is in heaven, so she is the angel. My step dad remarried his first wife after we lost my mother (yes, long story...I LOVE my step mom more than words can express) anyway, they had five cats at the time of this quilt, so yes, they have have the cat house. My husband's oldest daughter in law loves to eat chicken, so they have the chicken house....you get picture? When someone acts up, they are sent to live in the skeery woods...alone. There is a Quilt Show Today in the corner of the quilt. There are cars driving all over, just like my family, on the move! I love that quilt, what more can I say? Maybe I should stop now.