Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 20 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10 19 20 21 30 ... LastLast

Thread: A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime

Blog Entries
    Luannh are you enjoying your ride in the observation car.. don't forget to visit the club car also and join us for drinks and snacks.

Karen I hope your surgery goes well... Its always hard to know how our bodies will recover. Sydney sounds like an excellent quilt inspector also. Our animals are so special. I keep promising JR I will get around to making him a bed.. have the pattern just have sew many other projects I get more excited about.. LOL. Isn't camping fun.. hope you had an enjoyable rest and relaxation with your friends.
    Have an awesome day!

Hi, everybody - checking in to say I'm sorry I've been so absent on this train ride so far, but reading up on all that has happened yesterday and the day before, you all seem to be gettting along just fine. All the 1/2 sq triangle blocks look great! I should be up and running at full speed in a few more days.
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

my 1/2 sq triangles---scrappy!

Now to decide on fabrics D and E!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Face the world with a smile...You never know when someone you meet will need one!"

Hello. I would like to jump on this train, too, if I may. I haven't done a mystery quilt, but have followed others who were doing one on Bonnie Hunter's site. I just didn't want to tackle a bed-sized one. However, I can handle a small one. I have one baby quilt top done and have come up with a quilting design so I need to get that finished. Then I have one more baby quilt to make for a little guy who is about two weeks old. After that, I'm open, except for all the IMH (in my head) things I want to do, until August, when another little boy is due. I think that's the end of friends having babies, for now. I've will have done six of them in about a year. It's been a regular population explosion!

I know I'm late getting started, but hopefully can work everything in as I go along. I've read 24 of the 48 pages of the thread and will finish all of that before I start, except that I'll look through my stash this evening. I've been wanting to make a Fourth of July wallhanging (is that one word or two?) and I know I have several patriotic fabrics but not sure about values and prints. If that doesn't work, I can do Christmas. I could also do a fall one because I have alot of fall fabrics, but I have something specific IMH for those. I also like the idea of a scrappy, though. Yikes - too many choices!!!

As for food, I can contribute 7 Layer Mexican Dip and chips, if no one has done it. Even if they have, you can't have too much!

I'm looking forward to reading through the rest of the posts and getting started! Happy Sewing
    Anne P
    Anne P
    Kindness counts.

Welcome aboard Anne P! 7 layer Mexican Dip will do just fine with the Chianti I just put there. I've been busy teaching the boys to quilt all weekend & still haven't done my HST! I'll get to them first thing in the morning, tho. Grab some fabric & jump on board...all are welcome!

Welcome, Annie P, and glad to hear you are bringing food -- we have been eating too many desserts around here, and 7-layer dip is always good, has soooo many of the food groups we all love! Yum.

Blog Entries
    Welcome Annie, yes the dip sounds wonderful. I made taco pie for supper - your dip would have gone great with it. I haven't done my HST either. But I have more fabric coming, so I need to look at it first.

Judy, are you feeling better? Good to see you on the thread.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the LIFE, in your years. (Abe Lincoln)

"The Best" The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. (Helen Keller)

Thank you Everose, yes, feeling a bit better. I have bronchitis, and I think it is starting to respond to the medications. Feeling better is a catch 22 -- I am bored beyond belief with reading and TV, but can't get motivated to do anything, so I read and nap, read and nap!

Thanks. Is anyone doing Margarita (or as I call them, Lime Smoothies)? Would go well with the dip!

After I set the water sprinkler for the garen (because it hasn't rained, today yet although it was forecast) I checked my stash, which is pretty small compared to some people's. I can't find my patriotic fabrics, although I KNOW I have some. After dinner, which is cooking, I'll do a more thorough search. I did find some pink and green fabrics I can use for a scrappy, though.

This is really showing me I need to get down there an organize my stash!!!! My studio is in the part of the basement that is only partly finished (but as much as it's going to be with only a couple of additions like a pegboard). It was a total diaster for quite a while when DS was remodeling the other 2/3 of the basement. Now that that's done (and it's awesome!) I have no more excuses - well, except for the quilts I'm working on and other things like the yardwork and housework and cooking, and, and and,

I'm enjoying seeing all the pretty fabrics that are going into these quilts! If I can find the software for my camera, I will load it onto this newer computer and attempt to post. Looking forward to seeing what comes of this great activity.

Happy quilting!

Anne P
    Anne P
    Kindness counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniky View Post
    Good Morning ladies.. everyone hst's are looking great. I wanted to share a final picture of the first Mystery train ride.. complete. My DD did a wonderful job on the hand quilting and sewing on the binding and it came through the wash just fine. We put a nifty label on the back with our names and the date of the Mystery train departure and arrival at the destination. DD loves it and Im sure she will most likely display it for years... as it has a lot of wonderful memories attached to it of us spending time together. Looks like Im going to have time to cut and sew my Hst's today so gonna eat breakfast and get busy with that. Have a wonderful day all.
    That is beautiful! What a wonderful memory for the both of you!!!

Blog Entries
    i've decided to hop on this train when it came though my town. i don't cook much since i retired , husband passed several years ago so dont have to cook. so i'll bring chips and dip.
    Last edited by haylillan; 05-28-2012 at 05:54 PM. Reason: want toadd another picture
    esther

Blog Entries
    here is another picture. can't get it to load
    esther

Blog Entries
    Anne P - lime smoothies sound wonderful. haylillan, chips and dip are always welcome. We never have enough munchies.

Judy, Mom always said the napping is when the body heals. So nap as much as possible.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the LIFE, in your years. (Abe Lincoln)

"The Best" The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. (Helen Keller)

Blog Entries
    lillian, I want to see that one when it's finished. I love the polka dots. Oh, oh, idea. I have bright polka dots on black. If I chicken out cutting the phrases on the Christmas fabrics, I can be seeing dots.

Annie, seven layer dip sounds wonderful.

I got mine done. I am bringing some Raspberry Ice Cream so we can make some shakes.Name:  DSC_0093.JPG
Views: 415
Size:  1.45 MB
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Blog Entries
    Oh, I love your blocks, makes me think of Raspberry and lime sherbet. Bright colors are my favorite... and black and whites, I can't ever pass up a black and white, or any combination of B&W in a FQ. I have so many. Maybe time to make another B&W quilt!

Welcome Annie, We made an awesome dip today for BBQ at SIL's house. It was a humus but not made with chick pea's we made it with hominy, turned out very good.

I have lots and lots of food allergies so I enjoy eating here on the train, all the good stuff I can not longer eat, I enjoy here! ;-)

ok I am going to get in a little sewing before I head to bed. Hope you are feeling better Judy
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Blog Entries
    I think Mayhem is playing with the pictures....haylillian fabric choice is covering her avatar, but it is cute, hugs and welcome haylillian....you were quick with the HST....I still have to cut mine.

my thoughts this morning are with Karen / YaYa and a speedy recovery

also very glad and relieved to hear you are better Judy.......bugs caught traveling are not fun.

glad the food here is calorie free and very enjoyable as I am determined to lighten the load that my feet put on earth
    Last edited by SunlitenSmiles; 05-29-2012 at 05:39 AM.

HST done!

Whew! I thought I'd get these done yesterday, but the boys wanted to get their pincushion/thread catchers done! So, undisturbed this morning, I got my HST done. Don't know what the next leg is going to bring, but it's sure looking interesting so far!
    Judy, glad to hear you're on the mend, it's no fun being sick! Takes away from our play time!

I would like to be part of this mystery. How do i go about? My user name is handi. This sounds exciting. I am selecting my fabric today. Would civil war fabrics work as the scrappy? Thanks for your attention to my request.

hi, handi, and welcome aboard. We're quite casual, no signing up, just join in and start sewing! All clue will be posted on this thread. The first one was fabric requirements, the 26th we started to cut. So, you really aren't far behine.

Drat!~
    First the modem died on our DSL Wednesday, the replacement still hasn't come. My friend called me with the directions on Saturday but then Tropical Storm Beryl hit town! No serious damage but I work for a TREE SERVICE COMPANY! 29 messages to return this a.m. followed by almost 100 calls so far today! I just now finished gulping down lunch (3 pm here) and I'm just going to be too darned tired to work on anything tonight! But so far, ladies, everything is beautiful!

Blog Entries
    I have been reading about this alk day. It has made work go by quickly. But i am slightly lost as to what or where the first clue is. Help? Thank you!

The first clue is just the fabric requirements. It is on page one.

Quote Originally Posted by kd7kyo View Post
    I have been reading about this alk day. It has made work go by quickly. But i am slightly lost as to what or where the first clue is. Help? Thank you!

Here comes a hobo jumping on this train.........Hi, all! LOL!

I'm looking for a new project since I'm at home for the summer. This looks like so much fun! I joined the Farmers Wife and loved that one. I'm assuming this is like that, but a mystery?

So, the fabric requirements are the first clue and the second is the HST's? Will the clues always be posted on this thread?

Urgodschild2, I lOOOOOOVE your pink and lime! I love that color combo and it looks very summery! Off to pick out some fabrics and get started!

you got it right, stefanib, look here on this same thread on Saturday mornings, and you'll find the next clues. # 3 posts June 2nd.

Page 20 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10 19 20 21 30 ... LastLast