Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime >

A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime

A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime

Old 06-09-2012, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles View Post

wow.....the cutting was fast ....... but this pleasing arrangement thingy......oh, my this may take all week....changed it a million times already......this is like "quilt as desired" wowie, kazowie ...... what fun !!!!!!

cannot help making 'how it is going to all go together' guesses now ....... ok, that is not helping ....just changed the order again.

this is going to take me all week, I can see that now.
I agree with Sunliten.... going to have to pin them to the wall and look at them for a few days before sewing.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:57 AM

Well my DH is dragging me out of the house today, to go down the Hill~ Living in the Mtns is great because the Air here is awesome and the weather is bearable, But going down the Hill (San Bernardino County) It is warm, ok it is HOT, and the Air is well... You can actually see it as you drive down... But on a good note they do have fabric down there, maybe a quick stop! I will have to work on step four when I return later today~
Old 06-09-2012, 09:11 AM

ok, this ones done. I absolutely can't guess as to what we're making! But it's sure getting interesting! I wonder how I'm going to quilt it? What thread color? hmmmmm.....
Attached Thumbnails step4.jpg  
Old 06-09-2012, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Cindy60545 View Post
ok, this ones done. I absolutely can't guess as to what we're making! But it's sure getting interesting! I wonder how I'm going to quilt it? What thread color? hmmmmm.....
Cindy.......WOW, you are super fast!! I love your color's all together. I just printed my clue, so I can work on it after I get home next weekend. I am just about ready to leave on my trip. Thank you everyone for all of your good thoughts & wishes. Already, I can't wait to get back home!!
Old 06-09-2012, 09:31 AM

I didn't have to teach a class today, so was able to sew in my own studio! Uninterrupted! Now where did we put that wine???
Old 06-09-2012, 09:33 AM

Cindy, love love love your fabrics. Here are mine. Now to wait another week. Thanks Judy.
Attached Thumbnails dsc00097.jpg  
Old 06-09-2012, 09:41 AM

Just finished installing my new modum. The last one died a few days ago and then I had trouble getting online with the new one. Had the phone line plugged into the wrong plug instill of the DSL outlet. Realized that during the night when I woke up and could not go back to sleep.
Have printed off the instructions and will start work on them soon. I have to admit this is fun. Thank you, Judy, for doing this for us. Can't wait til I see how it goes together.

Yesterday I went out and bought 2 more 6' tables. I will put them together width wise to sandwich quilts.
They will take up the other half of my living room. But I cannot get down on the floor, too hard to get back up, and doing it on my bed is almost impossible with my little toy poodle jumping all over wanting to play and trying to play tug of war with the quilt top.

Better get busy if I want to finish this today. Off to the sewing car right now!
Old 06-09-2012, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Cindy60545 View Post
I didn't have to teach a class today, so was able to sew in my own studio! Uninterrupted! Now where did we put that wine???
It is in the top cabnet of the club car, I think.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:43 AM

Wow you guys are fast. But I love the arrangements of your strips. I just got mine cut out but I will have to wait until I come back from taking a friend shopping and maybe my daughter will be up downstairs so I can sew. I am excited because on Monday she drives to Arizona for a job interview. She use to work for this company and it is in construction and when everything when kaboom she was laid off but they now need people back. I am praying this will be it. Then I can get my living room downstairs back. (sigh)
Old 06-09-2012, 09:46 AM

PS made some coffee cake to help us get through our morning.