Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Nov 15 2007  BOM - A Gaggle of Pinwheels - the Photos >

Nov 15 2007 BOM - A Gaggle of Pinwheels - the Photos

Nov 15 2007 BOM - A Gaggle of Pinwheels - the Photos

Old 12-01-2007, 09:15 PM

They are all GREAT!!!!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: But I like layout 3 the best. :wink:
Old 12-02-2007, 08:55 AM
Administrator

tooooooooooo many choices!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :shock: :P :shock: :P :shock: :P

i can't decide so i guess you'd better just make me one of each.

:mrgreen:
Old 12-02-2007, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Loretta
Beautiful block ! Sharon did you sew your finger or cut it? OOOOO! Looks sore!
I sewed into it. Yep, needle went right through and tore the meat off it when I pulled it back off the needle. Didn't even bend the needle, but guess where that needle is now??

Did you know that the trash folks can refuse to pick up your trash if they are ever stuck with a needle or pin? Or if you throw batteries in the trash? Here in NC that's a rule. I started saving yogurt containers and large medicine bottles, label them with red or blue masking tape and write in big letters, broken needles/pins/batteries on it before I put it in the trash. Making sure the cap is on tightly and is taped again. I don't care if they refuse my trash, so much, as I want no one else to hurt like I do from needles and pins...
Old 12-02-2007, 09:04 AM

Shelly, I vote for 3, 1, 4, and all of them. They are wonderful!!
Old 12-02-2007, 10:52 AM

Lol, thanks guys, I think I will go with my 20 blocs with alts, not sure which one yet tho. Would love to make all of them but I only got one set of BOMs :lol: . Yvonne that sounds like it's growing like Topsy, they have a tendency to that and break the bank as well :lol: Mimi I have a collection of sharps to get rid of too, I hate the thought that some one might get injured on my stuff, am gonna see if the chemist will take them, I know that they take used syringes (not personally lol) so they may take other sharps :?:
Anyway I appreciate all you input :P , no decision yet tho. Am thinking of changing to a 10 inch for my next set of blocks and maybe doing them in my colours purples/blues/golds yummy :P
Old 12-04-2007, 08:36 AM

Shelly they are all stunning, but I vote for #4. You have such an eye for color, I hope that is a learned talent. It is one of my biggest problems, deciding which fabric goes with what.

Mary
Old 12-04-2007, 07:23 PM

Shelly, WOW!! Absolutely breathtaking!! All of them, can't wait to see which one you go with. I especially love your BOM for this month! Purple is my fav color, and with yellow it always pops so nicely. The blue added just the perfect touch to set off the colors!! You did great work kiddo!!
Old 12-12-2007, 02:15 AM

Thanks so much for all your help with the decision. I think that because it's for a little fella I'm gonna go with a blokes oppinion (and others seem to like it too) and plump for layout 4. Will start getting it together in the new year and you never know I might actually get it finished in time to give it to him for next Christmas :lol:
Old 12-13-2007, 01:58 PM

Great job, Shelly Q. I definately like Layout 3 the best. It seems that I can SEE the blocks better and my eyes kind of move with the blocks...they are all nice layouts but I vote #3.

Feathers
Old 12-20-2007, 09:58 AM

I just love seeing everyones color combos and the differece the choices make in the way a pattern looks. I think this one will go quite nicely with the Frolic design. I'm so far behind. I'm at the quilting stage on a christmas color log cabin for my MIL she saw it and loves it but doesn't know its for here yet!