Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Picture Thread for Rhonda's Sampler Quilt Along >

Picture Thread for Rhonda's Sampler Quilt Along

Picture Thread for Rhonda's Sampler Quilt Along

Old 05-15-2011, 06:48 PM
EC

Boy! When you say you'd better get off the QB and get something finished, you're not kidding around. I wish I could be so determined. You've done a wonderful job! Love the way you finished it.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:54 AM

Hi Katie,

Your quilt is georgous!!!!!!!! And its FINISHED !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hip-hip-hooray!!!!!!!!

Now at the risk of blasphemy of your lovely stuff.... I'd box all the bears and pillows and put them under the bed. That quilt is too perfect to cover up!

What a neat idea to make your tuts and minis into wall art. Nice to be able to look at the fun stuff you have made.

hugs, Jup
Old 05-16-2011, 10:37 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Blue Bell
Katie,
Your quilt is gorgeous. Great fabric selection and precise workmanship.
Blue Bell I just have to ask! What is in your avatar? It looks like an elephant hiding under your picnic table! LOL I am sure it is more mundane than my imagination. :lol: :lol:
Old 05-16-2011, 07:27 PM

Exactly! We had a tree cut down and didn't not have it cut down to the ground. We are using it as a picnic table! My husband thought that the root of the tree resembled an elephant trunk. So he painted it gray, bought some eyes and voila, we have an elephant for the base of our table.
We also have a very large rock that resembles a whale, he added the tail and painted an eye, and also a large rock that resembles a frog after he painted it green and added eyes.
He is so clever!!!?
Old 05-16-2011, 07:39 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Blue Bell
Exactly! We had a tree cut down and didn't not have it cut down to the ground. We are using it as a picnic table! My husband thought that the root of the tree resembled an elephant trunk. So he painted it gray, bought some eyes and voila, we have an elephant for the base of our table.
We also have a very large rock that resembles a whale, he added the tail and painted an eye, and also a large rock that resembles a frog after he painted it green and added eyes.
He is so clever!!!?
That is so creative of him! And it is cute! I thought it was just my imagination like looking at clouds.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:37 AM

I made my next block... Matilda. I looked at the 'road map' photo and went to work. It turned out nice, except (don't you just hate that word!) somehow it is 16" instead of 12". I think the aliens have stolen my brain, at least the mathmatical side of it!

So now I am thinking that the one 16" block should be made into a purse or table cloth or ??? any bright ideas out there?

I'll post a photo when I get into 'camera mode' again.

hugs, Jupiter
Old 05-18-2011, 09:29 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Jupiter
I made my next block... Matilda. I looked at the 'road map' photo and went to work. It turned out nice, except (don't you just hate that word!) somehow it is 16" instead of 12". I think the aliens have stolen my brain, at least the mathmatical side of it!

So now I am thinking that the one 16" block should be made into a purse or table cloth or ??? any bright ideas out there?

I'll post a photo when I get into 'camera mode' again.

hugs, Jupiter
Tote bag wall hanging trivet Doll Quilt for swap table runner frame it in a picture frame for a differant look
sewing machine cover? not sure on size there. Throw for the back of an easy chair. I like to lay a small quilt or crocheted piece on the back of a comfortable chair. Or you could do more of them and make them for the seat or the back of dining table chairs -not sure if 16" is too big for a chair seat or not.

I used one small quilt I made and covered my nightstand with it. then I had my clock and other stuff on top of it.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:03 PM

Those are all great ideas... Thanks Rhonda.

hugs, Jupiter

ps... my daughter is named Rhonda. It feels funny to be acquainted with you.... I was talking to my hubby about these blocks and said something along the lines of "Rhonda designed these blocks," and well, you can see where his thinking was going.... Our daughter doesn't sew much now that she is working full time. Great name!
Old 05-19-2011, 11:13 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Jupiter
Those are all great ideas... Thanks Rhonda.

hugs, Jupiter

ps... my daughter is named Rhonda. It feels funny to be acquainted with you.... I was talking to my hubby about these blocks and said something along the lines of "Rhonda designed these blocks," and well, you can see where his thinking was going.... Our daughter doesn't sew much now that she is working full time. Great name!
I have to ask! LOL I always ask this when I meet another Rhonda. What is her middle name? Mine is Rae.

My mom calls me Rhonda Rae alot of the time. A friend of ours liked the name and named their daughter after me but they named her Rhonda Kay. Her mom calls her Betsy. Go figure! I always wondered if she is going to call her Betsy why didn't she name her Betsy!! LOL

I know what you mean about the weird factor. I was told there are now 4 Rhondas on the board. One at least doesn't use the H. Not sure if there are more than 1. I was the only one for along time. It wasn't a common name when I was growing up. We had a Rondee at school but noone else had my name.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:18 AM

My daughter shares a middle name with both me and my mother. June. None of us are born in June, but the name goes on! lol Alas, Rhonda has ended tradition and given her daughter a different middle name. She is Emily Rowan. Now that is a different middle name, for sure!

I'd like to pretend that I just loved the name... Actually The Beach Boys' "Help Me Rhonda" song might have had something to do with it...

hugs, Marilyn aka Jupiter