Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Picture Thread for Rhonda's Sampler Quilt Along >

Picture Thread for Rhonda's Sampler Quilt Along

Picture Thread for Rhonda's Sampler Quilt Along

Old 10-27-2010, 04:41 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by klgreene
Two more.... the first one is from wk 14 Neva..however my four dark fabrics, came up with a little extra wing on it. Not sure why, but I liked it. The other is wk 8 Amelia. These are such fun!!!
I forgot that block does that. Some of them need an odd number for the angle and I didn't want to send out a differant angle. sorry about that. I went back through my files and chose this one on EQ and forot the angle issue. it does look good tho. You might get this on some of the other Star Points too if I forgot to mark them.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:02 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Here is lilly from week 13, she is not finished yet but thought I would share because I don't know when I will have time to finish. Not sure I like the colors.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-97559.jpe  
Old 10-27-2010, 11:59 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Here is lilly from week 13, she is not finished yet but thought I would share because I don't know when I will have time to finish. Not sure I like the colors.
It looks good cjomomma you might like it better if you have a stronger contrast in your colors. But this one is just fine the way it is!
Old 10-28-2010, 08:10 AM

Very nice!! I got one block ready to be sewn.
Super, can't wait to see it. And be sure to put the week and name if you know it. I love working on these blocks.

Opps I just saw the last two posts. Yeah it looks great. If you are going to make a sampler, it will blend in. I have one block I made before I started these, and I like the block, very simple one, but when I put it with the first couple of these, I didn't like it. Now that I have a bunch done. It blends right in.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:14 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Super, can't wait to see it. And be sure to put the week and name if you know it. I love working on these blocks.
Thank you. This one is Lilly from week 13. I have to get some blenders so I can have more contrast in my blocks.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
Two more.... the first one is from wk 14 Neva..however my four dark fabrics, came up with a little extra wing on it. Not sure why, but I liked it. The other is wk 8 Amelia. These are such fun!!!
I forgot that block does that. Some of them need an odd number for the angle and I didn't want to send out a differant angle. sorry about that. I went back through my files and chose this one on EQ and forot the angle issue. it does look good tho. You might get this on some of the other Star Points too if I forgot to mark them.
That's ok, I kind of like the little extra wings. Makes the block look a little hard than it is. Although there sure were alot of points. It took longer to do, but worth it. And I'm not in a hurry. I just love doing them.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:21 AM

Thank you. This one is Lilly from week 13. I have to get some blenders so I can have more contrast in my blocks.
I understand that, my wk 8 Amelia that I just posted, I wish the light pink would have been a little darker. But I still like it. Most of my stash are a little darker in color, so I've got some lighter and different fabrics ordered from one of the companies that had a good sale that was posted on here. Just waiting for it to arrive.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:11 AM

Here are a couple more. Now I'm starting to think about what color sashing since all these are the colors the rest of them will be. I wonder if it should be a light sashing lt. green or beige, or dark sashing, like dk. green or black. It will still be a whilte before I get around to putting the sashing on, but when I'm ready to start, quilting as I go, I'd like to have the material ready.

Wk 4 Irene
[ATTACH=CONFIG]118683[/ATTACH]

Wk 6 Verna
[ATTACH=CONFIG]118684[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-118678.jpe   attachment-118679.jpe  
Old 11-03-2010, 10:39 AM
Power Poster

Here are a couple more. Now I'm starting to think about what color sashing since all these are the colors the rest of them will be. I wonder if it should be a light sashing lt. green or beige, or dark sashing, like dk. green or black. It will still be a whilte before I get around to putting the sashing on, but when I'm ready to start, quilting as I go, I'd like to have the material ready.
OOhh I love the colors in Verna! She was my grandmother by the way. She did alot of embroidery work on quilts. She would have loved this one.

I'm curious. Are you doing these in 6 1/2" or 12 1/2"? How many do you think you will use?
Old 11-03-2010, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
OOhh I love the colors in Verna! She was my grandmother by the way. She did alot of embroidery work on quilts. She would have loved this one.

Those of my favorite colors. I had already made a lap quilt with these and a few more shades of those colors, and those were left in my stash. But I keep adding more of those colors. Maynot the exact fabric, but the colors.

I'm curious. Are you doing these in 6 1/2" or 12 1/2"? How many do you think you will use?
I'm making 12" squares. Making a coverlet for my day bed. I plan on having the top as a rectangle, like the matress, then at each end a separate rectangle attached to the top, and the same, separate rectangle for the front. In other words, instead of making just a square and throwing it on the bed, the two front corners will be open because the frame has front post. so the quilt shows more. I'm not sure how many I'll need, kind of measure as I go. I have 12 done, and probably 20-25-30 to go. LOL