Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
THE PONY CLUB  1st Milestone  15 Block "SHOW & TELL" >

THE PONY CLUB 1st Milestone 15 Block "SHOW & TELL"

THE PONY CLUB 1st Milestone 15 Block "SHOW & TELL"

Old 03-28-2012, 02:22 PM
Power Poster

WendiQ ... Congratulations to you and your Mr!!

To All the LoveBugs ... I'm so happy that you recognize what gems you have in your DH's. Especially those with Quilt Enablers!!!! It's all good news.

JeanieG ... oh heck, what would one or two more have been? You'd hardly have noticed them being around!
Old 03-28-2012, 10:05 PM

Congratulations to everyone celebrating an anniversary, my DH and I just had our 34th, and boy is he an enabler. He is now designing our dream home complete with a studio just for me, just as well dreams are cheap.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
Congratulations to everyone celebrating an anniversary, my DH and I just had our 34th, and boy is he an enabler. He is now designing our dream home complete with a studio just for me, just as well dreams are cheap.
Sometimes just the dreaming and planning together is so special. Enjoy this time too.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:09 PM

I stopped in to see all the blocks and I am thrilled at them all!! Is this quilt basically the same style of work as the FWQ? I am drawn to quilts with many different blocks. Great work, all of you!
Old 03-29-2012, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by jillnjo View Post
I stopped in to see all the blocks and I am thrilled at them all!! Is this quilt basically the same style of work as the FWQ? I am drawn to quilts with many different blocks. Great work, all of you!
Since I didn't do the FWS, I personally can't compare, but my understanding is that these books were written by the same author. So the answer is yes. These blocks are 8 inches instead of 6 so might be a bit easier. I know I will never be able to do those 6 inch blocks till after I finish this quilt. We also only have to make 90 blocks instead of the hundread plus ya'll did on the FWS. wont ya jump a horse & join us???
Old 03-29-2012, 08:16 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jillnjo View Post
N, thanks for stopping in! In some ways the FWS are simpler even though they are smaller--but I haven't done them all either so this may not be true as I progress with the blocks. I'm finding I am PPing more in PC--(do you believe it?)--because the blocks are not easily rotary cut. Templates are available, for me I have found PP to be a better alternative. EEEKKK. (Now hush QE!!!!!!! LOL)
Old 03-30-2012, 05:14 AM

Gladie; I just love your blocks, probably because I love the style of prints you often use! Then, as I looked at the other blocks, I so admired the red and blue colors in completely different themed fabrics-help!-I bought so many small pieces for the FWS that I ony used bits of and I get to feeling like I shouldn't start buying in a big way for another 90 blocks in the PC! But, I'm fickle enough to not want to do 90 more blocks in the very same fabrics!! As for the PPing, I am all for that, as I enjoy it! And I'm glad your "enjoying?" it, too!! N. I didn't say I was going to do this, did I?
Old 03-30-2012, 06:55 AM
Power Poster

Save the CW's for some scrappy quilts--they will be beautiful and get some pretty pastels (I love mirabelle's soft blue and reds, too) or maybe some Kansas Troubles like Carriem and me (I know you like those as well, and Carrie's and my quilts are going to be so different because of our color options.) and go for it!!

FYI Shhh don't let QuiltE think you are contemplating!! She'll hog tie you and drag you into the fray with her persuasive words!! Don't worry-she's busy getting her taxes taken care of so she's otherwise occupied!!!
Old 03-30-2012, 08:46 AM
Power Poster

I wondered WHY my ears were burning!!!!!!

OKSGlad ... glad you have seen the PP light! BTW that profile also needs updating about PPing!

JillNJo ... oh don't you go and listen to MissyOKSG ... she's talking nonsense! I'm like you, just had to do PC "different" thank the FWS.

PP+Moi? ... a year ago I hated it detested it abhorred it. And yes, I too saw the light!
On the weekend, I'll try to remeber post a pic of the first PP project I did .... if not, I know
DublB will remind me!

OK OK OKSGlad ... I am leaving the site to do what needs to be done ......... maybe?
Old 03-30-2012, 05:00 PM
Power Poster

Yup lots of updating QE! PP'ing is now "tolerable"! I haven't taken papers out of most of them so the jury is still out!!
Whack--did you hear that whip cracking?