Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

kluedesigns 12-07-2009 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany

Originally Posted by Brazen
Hey Klue, I was just looking at the block schedule... and so we are doing 3 (sometimes 4) blocks and 1 triangle per week? Wow! hehehehe Somehow I was imagining we were going to eek out 1 block per week. Boy was I off. I know it makes sense, now that I think about it; 200-something blocks and I don't know how many triangles getting done in a year and a half.

Oh! I misunderstood and thought we were doing just one block a week. Okay, now this changes things and I think I'll only do one quilt instead of two. I've got too many other projects going and deadlines to meet to do 6-8 blocks a week.

Klue, that is gorgeous!!! I love your color placement and once I get the software in I imagine I'm going to spend hours and hours playing with color design. I can't wait!

i did try to make the schedule that the summer months and holiday months are super easy blocks and then the winter and fall are the more complex blocks.

in the summer months people should be able to complete the weeks worth of blocks in 2-3 hours tops.

thanks for the compliments on the color layout - right now i think 3-4 people are doing the same red/white/blue diagonal color placement.

i know for sure its going to be triplets!

user3587 12-07-2009 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by okie

I called my local Joann Fabrics and they don't carry ANY quilting software, let alone the Jane one. :(

So I went to joann.com and was going to use my 50% off coupon code for 1 item, and that software doesn't count, apparently, as an eligible item to get half off.

So I guess I'm going to have to get it for $60 plus s/h, but not today. Darnit!

Softexpressions has it for 44 dollars and some change (can't remember) I looked on ebay and softexpressions is cheaper than the bids on ebay at least today.

I gave false info, there are/were a couple cheaper, one in particular because they offer free shipping. This is what I call leaping before I look.

Lacelady 12-07-2009 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by okie

I called my local Joann Fabrics and they don't carry ANY quilting software, let alone the Jane one. :(

So I went to joann.com and was going to use my 50% off coupon code for 1 item, and that software doesn't count, apparently, as an eligible item to get half off.

So I guess I'm going to have to get it for $60 plus s/h, but not today. Darnit!

Softexpressions has it for 44 dollars and some change (can't remember) I looked on ebay and softexpressions is cheaper than the bids on ebay at least today.

Debbi17 here on this board posted a thread recently that she could get it for $39 - I asked her to get it for me, plus the rulers, which she did - the killer for me was the shipping because I live in Ireland, but it's my Christmas present to me, so I am worth it!

Tiffany 12-07-2009 02:15 PM

Ouch Leslie! I know shipping can be horribly expensive.

Ireland...land of my forefathers. Someday my daughter and I are going to take a trip there. I usually don't travel because of all my allergies but we both want to go. If we actually do make it, I'll send you a PM and maybe we can meet up somewhere. I think it would be such fun to meet some of the great people on this Forum!

I've now got 2 gals who are going to do this with me locally. I'm very excited! Although I still need to tell them it's going to be more than a block a week. Silly mistake on my part. :oops:

Klue, is the schedule on the first page? When I joined there were already 42 pages so I sort of skipped over the majority of them. If there's anything vital in there, could you point me to it please? Thank you!!!

kluedesigns 12-07-2009 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany
Ouch Leslie! I know shipping can be horribly expensive.

Ireland...land of my forefathers. Someday my daughter and I are going to take a trip there. I usually don't travel because of all my allergies but we both want to go. If we actually do make it, I'll send you a PM and maybe we can meet up somewhere. I think it would be such fun to meet some of the great people on this Forum!

I've now got 2 gals who are going to do this with me locally. I'm very excited! Although I still need to tell them it's going to be more than a block a week. Silly mistake on my part. :oops:

Klue, is the schedule on the first page? When I joined there were already 42 pages so I sort of skipped over the majority of them. If there's anything vital in there, could you point me to it please? Thank you!!!

the schedule is on the first page of this thread - its the very first post.

i'll be posting the schedule again when we do the official kickoff, if you just want to wait until then to get it.

Shemjo 12-07-2009 02:35 PM

It is wonderful to have so many people working on the DJ at the same time!

kluedesigns 12-07-2009 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Shemjo
It is wonderful to have so many people working on the DJ at the same time!

i agree, we have 65 people in the project so far.

Esqmommy 12-07-2009 03:07 PM

My goodness, can you imagine how much wonderful energy will be floating around out there amongst us for this project??? It's going to be amazing. I can't wait to take my DJ fabrics out of the drawer they've been hiding in and start playing! I don't think I can get started early, but I might try. Despite the fact that I've had the software for some time, I still don't know how to work it very well. I wish I could have a friend just show me...I hate doing tutes as I'm rarely in the mood (for software demo stuff, not quilting tutes).

I still haven't decided what my pattern will be, but it's unlikely I will do a trip around the world. I do want to be careful about fabric placement, lights, darks, mediums, etc., but will probably work on that as it goes.

Brazen 12-07-2009 04:24 PM

Thank you for the Soft Expressions idea... I've got that bookmarked now, so next week when I get paid, I'm ordering!! I want a couple of weeks to play with it before it's GO time! :D

bchuggins 12-07-2009 04:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I don't know if this will help... but for myself I went thru most of the pages and copied and pasted the more important info into a word doc - here is the document and I may have missed things