Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

BlueChicken 12-06-2009 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by ProLongarmARTQUILTER
So this is like the Reg BOM Or the Pioneer Blocks??? Anyone can join and it is FREE???

Yep.... get your free insanity here! LOL

We're all supplying our own materials, and patterns, but will be working to a schedule, so we all do the same blocks the same week. And there will be tutorials, hints, and general support online. Bring your own valium. ;-)

sharon b 12-06-2009 08:26 PM

I will be watching and following but the schedule is a killer for me :-( Too much work ( for pay) not enough play time

Janstar 12-06-2009 08:39 PM

You'll make it Sharon B! I work too and things always come up but we'll all make it! Think positively!!

Brazen 12-07-2009 07:00 AM

Hey Klue, I was just looking at the block schedule... and so we are doing 3 (sometimes 4) blocks and 1 triangle per week? Wow! hehehehe Somehow I was imagining we were going to eek out 1 block per week. Boy was I off. I know it makes sense, now that I think about it; 200-something blocks and I don't know how many triangles getting done in a year and a half.

Brazen 12-07-2009 07:05 AM

General question for everyone!

No matter what fabrics or background colors you're going to use, do you plan to re-create Jane's trip around the world color placement of the blocks?

I love how hers looks... but I'm afraid trying to keep to her color pattern is just one more complication that I would easily mess up. LOL!! I'm doing the civil war repro fabric... so mine will either be totally random and scrappy OR I'll do her trip around the world scheme.

What are you ladies going to do?

sunrise450 12-07-2009 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Brazen

No matter what fabrics or background colors you're going to use, do you plan to re-create Jane's trip around the world color placement of the blocks?

I love how hers looks... but I'm afraid trying to keep to her color pattern is just one more complication that I would easily mess up. LOL!! I'm doing the civil war repro fabric... so mine will either be totally random and scrappy OR I'll do her trip around the world scheme.

I am doing mine in civil war fabric and totally random. I am buying the civil war fabric as I come across it and buying in fat quarters. I started collecting about 6 monthes ago so have a good bunch on hand.
I have a friend that is doing her's in civil war but every block has a different fabric, and trying to match DJ's as well.
Phyllis in MO

MoodyKim 12-07-2009 07:52 AM

I am still waiting on my DJ software to decide about the color of the fabric for my blocks, I will be buying FQs for that. I did order the background indigo. I am to new to quilting to have a stash so I have to buy mine as I need it :D

ai731 12-07-2009 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Brazen

I completely agree with you about trying to keep to a specific colour pattern being an extra complication! I'm doing my Baby Jane in batiks, and I'm going for a completely random colour scheme to make it easier on myself. And since we're not doing the blocks in order, that means if I run low on fabric, I can just buy a few more batik FQs to finish up - I don't have to worry about things matching!

Also that way I get to play with different block placements and colour schemes at the end, if I want to.

Jan

Brazen 12-07-2009 08:49 AM

I called my local Joann Fabrics and they don't carry ANY quilting software, let alone the Jane one. :(

So I went to joann.com and was going to use my 50% off coupon code for 1 item, and that software doesn't count, apparently, as an eligible item to get half off.

So I guess I'm going to have to get it for $60 plus s/h, but not today. Darnit!

Marinemom2J 12-07-2009 09:11 AM

I have been collecting blue and green civil war fabrics, so mine will be a scrappy mix of those colors. I am saving my pennies for the software from Joann's too. Hope it goes on sale.