Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

MoodyKim 12-03-2009 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
You guys don't know how lucky you are! :mrgreen:

Yes BlueChickhen, I do know how blessed I am. It is my Christmas from my DH. My DD is buying me the DJ software. It is the first time I have asked for anything for Christmas since the death of my son. MoodyKim who is trying to start living again.

kluedesigns 12-03-2009 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by MoodyKim

Yes BlueChickhen, I do know how blessed I am. It is my Christmas from my DH. My DD is buying me the DJ software. It is the first time I have asked for anything for Christmas since the death of my son. MoodyKim who is trying to start living again.

i'm so sorry to here that you've lost your son. a distraction might be the best medicine.

i'm so glad you'll be making the jane

kluedesigns 12-03-2009 11:01 PM

blue is the cost of the fabric the same and its the shipping from USA to NZ?

BlueChicken 12-03-2009 11:02 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about your son, I didn't mean any offence. ((hugs))

I hope you enjoy the DJ ... it's an awesome group of people and doing it together is so much better than working alone. :-)

BlueChicken 12-03-2009 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns

blue is the cost of the fabric the same and its the shipping from USA to NZ?

Our money is about double yours.... roughly.... so $100 US is about $200 NZ. The cost of shipping is not too bad actually. I think the reason our quilt shops are so high is all the import taxes and stuff they have to pay. I know my favourite shop has resisted putting their prices up as long as possible, but they've recently gone from $26 a metre to $32. It's a big jump. :-(

Of course, with a credit card we can buy direct from the USA. It's a little hard not being able to touch the fabrics to see the quality, but if you stick with the blender fabrics it's not so bad. My credit card is an ugly mess at the moment, it's in hiding for a while!

:oops:

cutebuns 12-03-2009 11:06 PM

I am sorry to hear about your son MoodyKim, on the board you can get a lot of quilting support as well as other kinds, There is a lot of really great people here that are willing to listen, help and do what they can for each other.

BlueChicken 12-03-2009 11:07 PM

Oh, Klue, now you know why I was so excited to see the random prize in the DJ was fabric! LOL :-)

BlueChicken 12-03-2009 11:11 PM

And now that I sound like a complete misery guts, it's not really that bad. :-)

I can't go spending for a while, but I've been saving the loyalty cards from my two favourite shops. So from one I have six fat quarters to get (I have my eye on a new funky range for those) and the other one I have a voucher for $25, which is pretty close to the cost of a full metre (just over a yard). So when I get down, I'll still be able to have some retail therapy! ;-)

MoodyKim 12-03-2009 11:19 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about your son, I didn't mean any offence. ((hugs))

I hope you enjoy the DJ ... it's an awesome group of people and doing it together is so much better than working alone. :-)

No offence taken, just wanted everyone to know I do know how blessed I am. Learning to quilt and my GBs (2) have helped me so much! This is the first Christmas I am enjoying my life again

:) Please don't feel sorry for me I am doing good now :!: We all have battles to face in life it is making it through them and still knowing how to smile and be happy that helps us be able to help others when bad times hit them

BlueChicken 12-03-2009 11:24 PM

We all have battles to face in life it is making it through them and still knowing how to smile and be happy that helps us be able to help others when bad times hit them

Oh that is SO true!

My sister lost her husband to cancer, he was just 34, and now her 9 year old son has it as well (thankfully he's in remission).

But she went on national tv yesterday and and had her head shaved to raise funds for the Child Cancer Foundation, along with a friend who lost her almost three year old to that same cruel disease. These are two women who take immense pride in their appearances, they always look stunning, and now they're completely bald. It was inspiring to watch not only their courage, but their humour and spirit, and their determination to help others after everything they've been through.