Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

BlueChicken 12-19-2009 02:44 PM

LOL

It's probably going to annoy me, and I'll probably redo it if I get the chance. But at this point, it's close enough, I could live with it in a quilt, especially one this busy, that little flaw isn't going to be visible from the back of a galloping horse! ;-)

The fabric is actually a chocolate kind of colour, it comes from a coffee range that had cream and tan and red swirls and coffee beans etc. I made a table runner and coasters for a friend who means a lot to me... that's what I like about doing the scrappy version... I can look at the fabrics and remember what I made with it, and that makes me feel warm and fuzzy. :-)

Shemjo 12-19-2009 05:25 PM

Love the block, Blue.
I am going to have to get something going here.

ai731 12-19-2009 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
The fabric is actually a chocolate kind of colour, it comes from a coffee range that had cream and tan and red swirls and coffee beans etc. I made a table runner and coasters for a friend who means a lot to me... that's what I like about doing the scrappy version... I can look at the fabrics and remember what I made with it, and that makes me feel warm and fuzzy. :-)

Looking at your triangle makes me feel all warm and fuzzy, because I made a wedding quilt for my sister last summer using that same range of fabrics!

Jan

kluedesigns 12-19-2009 06:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here's a triangle i made today (well actually i made 6 of them) its for the christmas triangle swap.

i thought you guys might want to see it - its RS9

RS9
[ATTACH=CONFIG]60494[/ATTACH]

BlueChicken 12-19-2009 07:09 PM

That looks awesome!! I love the colours, they're so rich.

What will you do with the triangles you swap? How will they go together I mean.

kluedesigns 12-19-2009 07:14 PM

i think i'm going to add them with 25 christmas blocks set on point and make a throw with them.

or i could sew them to each other to make a christmas tree skirt.

Janstar 12-19-2009 07:21 PM

Awesome triangles ladies! I tried that one too Blue and it gave me a run for my money!! I got it though! Love your fabrics. I was afraid to try the one you did Kelly. I'll get my courage up or wait till we do it for guidance. Probably the latter.

kluedesigns 12-19-2009 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Janstar
Awesome triangles ladies! I tried that one too Blue and it gave me a run for my money!! I got it though! Love your fabrics. I was afraid to try the one you did Kelly. I'll get my courage up or wait till we do it for guidance. Probably the latter.

RS9 is a piece of cake - it just looks tough - the PP pattern makes it super easy.

Tiffany 12-19-2009 08:43 PM

Wow Klue, I have to say that block looks a tad intimidating to me, but I will take your word for it that it looks worse than it is. You sure did a great job on it!

kosmos 12-20-2009 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
i think i'm going to add them with 25 christmas blocks set on point and make a throw with them.

or i could sew them to each other to make a christmas tree skirt.

Somehow I have lost my Christmas blog. The one with the blues and also the tri can I have that URL again