Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

luvmortherest 11-08-2009 06:38 PM

thanks Jan. DH thinks it was just the operator as well till i showed him what it was supposed to look like. i found a nice little pp instructional on line and tried it and now i think i can handle pp. am going to try my hand at applique next. 8)

luvmortherest 11-08-2009 06:40 PM

from one okie to another hi Okie

user3587 11-08-2009 06:44 PM

luvmortherest
What part of Okla are you from.

luvmortherest 11-08-2009 06:46 PM

Tecumseh

user3587 11-08-2009 06:52 PM

You're not too far from me. I live south of Chickasha.

luvmortherest 11-08-2009 07:07 PM

great

Esqmommy 11-08-2009 08:13 PM

I'm waiting to start too. I have so much to get done, I don't see how I can squeeze DJ blocks in...Plus, I want to really focus on that once it starts, so that's why I'm gonna wait!!

kluedesigns 11-08-2009 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by luvmortherest
i want to thank everyone for their help/advice about my printer.
i did figure out the problem though.....it was my printer. :evil: when i got my new computer i really liked my old printer/scanner/copier so have been using that one. it is at least 8 years old. :oops: went to wally and bought a new printer/scanner/copier and it works great. now i am ready to rock and roll. :lol:

well, thats just wonderful news. now you're set to make 225 blocks/triangles/kites.

kluedesigns 11-08-2009 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Janstar
I did the same thing Luv. I really liked my 8 year old printer and did'nt want to part with it and it was screwing up. My DH went to town and came home with a new one and I have'nt had any trouble since. Except with the operator!!!!!!!!!!

Kelly, that will be great! PP and I seem to get along ok. I think I'll be spending more time on triangles than most of the blocks.

i'm going to transfer what ever triangles i can into PP but they aren't as flexible as the blocks are.

kluedesigns 11-08-2009 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by okie
I too work ( I'm thinking most of us do). I'm away from home at least 50 hours a week. I didn't feel right getting started before the party started. You know that's how OKLA gots its nickname the Sooner State (it wasn't from the football team) it was from those that went ahead of the start time for the land run. That's how some Okies got prime land because they started Sooner than others, but if you're giving us the go ahead..... :shock: I more than likely will wait, but it's good to know we can start early if we need to. I'm anixous and worried at the same time that I might not be able to do some of the blocks in a timely manner, but with that week off, I think that will help alot. Klue if things get too rough I may have to borrow the money to ride a bus to NY. I don't fly, never have :lol:

thats what the week off is for - to catch up, regroup, work on other things, fix a block that you just can't stand.

and don't worry, i fly so i'll come to you.