Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

retrogirl02 11-08-2009 05:26 PM

I have Windows Vista will that work??[/quote]

I, too have the dreaded Vista :lol: and while I had several problems with hardware and software, this is not one of them. I ordered Dear Jane and worried it might not work, no problems. Hubs surprised me with EQ6 and I've had no issues with that either. They work great! :D :D

retrogirl02 11-08-2009 05:29 PM

Buddy's mom, Jennifer, and Janstar love your blocks/triangle. You GO girls!!

Shemjo 11-08-2009 05:46 PM

Funny thing, I added my last post, and then checked my messages, and I had 5 updates for THIS thread! Curiouser and curiouser!

kluedesigns 11-08-2009 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Shemjo
Well, I have ordered the software. Had to jump in to add that because I haven't gotten any updates again. Wish I knew what the problem was with that.

well we always love to hear from you and there's always some jane talk going on.

kluedesigns 11-08-2009 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Janstar
Here's M8, Enchanted Square. 35 pieces and not too hard at all. Fun! I was'nt going to show it but someone said they wanted to see so here ya go. I'm working on a few of them now because I work and I'm a little afraid of falling behind.

i think its a go idea to get a jump on things if you think you might fall behind.

the schedule is really tough during the winter/spring and won't let up until mid june.

it wouldn't hurt to do the easier blocks in those months now that way you can just focus on the hard stuff when it comes up. i think the applique blocks are the toughest.

once you get your groove with PP you can do just about any PP block.

kluedesigns 11-08-2009 06:15 PM

just a heads up for people

i've started to redraft some of the applique blocks into paper piecing patterns like......

A11
A13
B5
C2
C7
E6
H2
I7
I10
J1

and i'll be working on some more. when these blocks come up in the rotation i'll make sure the PP Patterns are available to everyone who would rather PP those blocks.

luvmortherest 11-08-2009 06:23 PM

i want to thank everyone for their help/advice about my printer.
i did figure out the problem though.....it was my printer. :evil: when i got my new computer i really liked my old printer/scanner/copier so have been using that one. it is at least 8 years old. :oops: went to wally and bought a new printer/scanner/copier and it works great. now i am ready to rock and roll. :lol:

STAR 11-08-2009 06:24 PM

THANX so much retrogirl02!!
I can;t wait to order mine, still have to wait a couple of weeks :(

Janstar 11-08-2009 06:35 PM

I did the same thing Luv. I really liked my 8 year old printer and did'nt want to part with it and it was screwing up. My DH went to town and came home with a new one and I have'nt had any trouble since. Except with the operator!!!!!!!!!!

Kelly, that will be great! PP and I seem to get along ok. I think I'll be spending more time on triangles than most of the blocks.

user3587 11-08-2009 06:38 PM

I too work ( I'm thinking most of us do). I'm away from home at least 50 hours a week. I didn't feel right getting started before the party started. You know that's how OKLA gots its nickname the Sooner State (it wasn't from the football team) it was from those that went ahead of the start time for the land run. That's how some Okies got prime land because they started Sooner than others, but if you're giving us the go ahead..... :shock: I more than likely will wait, but it's good to know we can start early if we need to. I'm anixous and worried at the same time that I might not be able to do some of the blocks in a timely manner, but with that week off, I think that will help alot. Klue if things get too rough I may have to borrow the money to ride a bus to NY. I don't fly, never have :lol: