Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

user3587 11-06-2009 12:28 PM

Okay I'v wash twice so have to go to the Walmart (only place to shop is small town America" and get more sheets. I can't really tell much difference in the first sheets and the seconds sheets. I adding 2 sheets to each wash. I'm thinking with as much fabric as I'm washing at a time I'm not using enough sheets.

kluedesigns 11-06-2009 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by okie
Okay I'v wash twice so have to go to the Walmart (only place to shop is small town America" and get more sheets. I can't really tell much difference in the first sheets and the seconds sheets. I adding 2 sheets to each wash. I'm thinking with as much fabric as I'm washing at a time I'm not using enough sheets.

that would most likely be the reason these products work on a volume ratio

kluedesigns 11-06-2009 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by sunrise450
Hi all, I am definatly in this group! We talked about this a coulple of monthes ago and I have been planning every since.
I have finished A-1 and A-2 in cv fabrics, they turned out really well but wouldn't want to have to do either of these too many times!
It seems to me that we talked about making larger blocks? Please let me know if this is the case or are we making the regular blocks?
I have been picking up FQ's as I go along. I think I almost have enough now.
Looking forward to this!~! :D

i think a few people are scaling up the blocks so that it will end up being either queen or king size (depending on which size bed they have).

since we're not swapping any of the blocks people can scale up or down how ever they wish.

if you want to scale up you might want to use the software it makes it so much easier to scale everything up.

sandpat 11-06-2009 03:51 PM

OK...now I've bought the rulers, so I'm one step closer. I'm headed to the LQS tomorrow and will look at some fabric then...but I think I'll actually buy at least the background and sashing at Whittles.

Butterflyspain 11-07-2009 04:49 AM

I bought the rulers from the Ebay person Klue told us about. Really nice person and very fast so they are on the way to me.

Decided to have black sashing to make the blocks pop so thats asian fabrics with white background for me.

Elle

kluedesigns 11-07-2009 05:09 AM

elle

that sounds so great i can't wait to see the quilt come together.

sandpat 11-07-2009 05:13 AM

Elle, that sounds very interesting! You'll be playing with it right? Those asians are sooo pretty..don't let the black overpower them....it may be just what they need though. I'll have to wait until you get some done, then you'll have to lay it out so we can see. :D

Crafty1 11-07-2009 05:29 AM

I haven't decided to join in on the fun yet, but I see that the Dear Jane Software is on sale at joann.com, don't know when it ends tho. That's the one to use right?

Butterflyspain 11-07-2009 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by Crafty1
I haven't decided to join in on the fun yet, but I see that the Dear Jane Software is on sale at joann.com, don't know when it ends tho. That's the one to use right?

Thats where I bought mine and I thought that it was the cheapest, shop around though, ebay may have it cheaper.

Klue and Patti thanks for the vote of confidence, I have tried out a couple of the blocks especially the 1st weeks worth of blocks just to get the feel for them and these are so addictive and cute blocks when finished.

The amount of fabric is small as well I have been using scraps from another asian quilt I am making so its working out well.

Elle

kluedesigns 11-07-2009 08:02 AM

i've seen jane's with a different color sashing that doesn't match the background fabric and it looks really nice - its like you said the blocks just pop.