Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

Blinky 02-04-2011 06:02 PM

Lesley, what batting did you use to hand quilt your DJ?

sandpat 02-04-2011 06:05 PM

Go Elle Go!!! I'm still anticipating what you are going to do with your border.

Mine is sitting in a pile on a chair in the kitchen. Yes, Hope has detoured me for the last 2 days. I was on such a roll too...awwww...such is life I guess. Maybe I can do a little more on it tomorrow. I know DH will be happy for me to put the kitchen back together after I finish quilting it.

Butterflyspain 02-05-2011 01:02 AM

Awe Patti, its a shame you canīt getback to it when you are on such a roll, but soon I hope. I see that your little distraction has now moved back into the barn so hopefully you will get some work done on Jane. I am still sewing the batting at the back......boring boring.

Elle

Lacelady 02-05-2011 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by Blinky
Lesley, what batting did you use to hand quilt your DJ?

Warm and Natural. We have only been able to get it recently, here. Up to about a year ago, my LQS only stocked Poly batting, and I was reluctant to order online until I had seen some. Now I am sold on it, and I have used it several times.

BevD 02-05-2011 04:41 AM

4 Attachment(s)
OK, finally worked out the pictures....
I bought the Dear Jane CD early January and decided I would join in the group and try to use the 2010 weekly timeline.

So far I am about a week behind as I went on holiday for a week but took the blocks I made and quilted them as per Lesley's instructions...well done Lesley.

Anyway, here are the pictures from the first 4 weeks..haven't straightened them up as yet.....will get to that I'm sure :)

Week 4
[ATTACH=CONFIG]129823[/ATTACH]

Week 1
[ATTACH=CONFIG]129981[/ATTACH]

Week 2
[ATTACH=CONFIG]129982[/ATTACH]

Week 3
[ATTACH=CONFIG]129983[/ATTACH]

Shemjo 02-05-2011 06:50 AM

Bev, find the postings for each week and add your photos to the older ones. that may spur some of us sug-a-bugs to dig our out and get back at it!
Your blocks look good. Welcome aboard, and it is smart to keep up with the quilting so when all your blocks are done, you will be almost finished with the quilting as well.

sandpat 02-05-2011 08:25 AM

Bev, your blocks are lovely! I'm so glad you are plowing forward and you will be the smartest one in the bunch...doing the quilting from the very start- great plan!

I'm hoping to get back to mine today Elle....

Butterflyspain 02-05-2011 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Lacelady

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Hi everyone, finished row M last night, however have two blocks to make for Row L so that row has to be done yet. going out today so will get done much much later today with a bit of luck, They are two of the more difficult blocks as well real yukky ones to do. Never mind The light is getting brighter at the end of the tunnel

Ah, but Elle, you have more experience now, compared to when you did those blocks the first time. With a bit of luck you will breeze through them this time.

You were right Lesley, but the darned thing still took nearly 2 1/2 hours to make a real doozy. This time it came out perfect though. One more to go....watch this space should be able to show you my centre tomorrow.
Elle

Butterflyspain 02-05-2011 09:12 AM

Well done BevD, those look beautiful, lovely colours too.

Elle

Lacelady 02-05-2011 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Well done BevD, those look beautiful, lovely colours too.

Elle

Great blocks, Bev - well done. And Elle, sorry you had a fight with one of the awkward ones again, but one down, one to go is good.