Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

luvmortherest 12-25-2009 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by okie
I'm doing a little practice so I won't lose time when the party starts next week. When I participated in the swap it was the first time I had used translucent paper. For anyone who has used this paper maybe you can help me understand something. I've made 2 practice sections (same sections) Block I9 and one is right the other wrong.
When you are finished with a section and laying it paper down, (fabric facing you) is the printed side of the paper facing up or down?
The first of many, hopefully not too stupid, questions. Christmas is behing me and I'm ready to get knee deep into this party.

there are no stupid questions when one is learning ;)

user3587 12-25-2009 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns

Originally Posted by okie

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
ok, you need to print as a mirror for I9

fabric piece number one is placed fabric facing up because you don't iron that piece open.

ok, continue

Ok so rule of thumb is if it doesn't go together the way you think it should, it probably needs to be mirrored. I've printed the block mirrored so will try before I ask anymore questions.
Thanks

yes, thats the general rule when everything comes out the opposite.

when we start i'll point that out when its necessary.

All the paper pieceing I've done in the past has already had the pieces printed and Carol Doak patterns tell you this so I'm sure this is why this has been so different for me. It has really questioned my ability to paper piece. Paper piecing is not hard, I'm just making it hard. I want to avoid the pit falls I had from the swap, so I can move faster.

luvmortherest 12-25-2009 07:56 PM

with all the people on-line that will be doing this i am sure we will all do fine

SazuBMidlands 12-26-2009 02:19 AM

Woohoo - I got the Dear Jane software for Christmas! All I have to do now is work out how to use it and I'm all set for the Cyber Party!

Merry (belated) Christmas to All!

savannahs_nana 12-26-2009 05:35 AM

I am still waiting for mine. The rulers came really quick - hoping for the software soon

Marinemom2J 12-26-2009 07:18 AM

I have a question about printing out the templates from the software. Is there a way to print more than one of each individual template without having to just print multiple copies of the whole block? I know the pieces can be moved to save paper and deleted, but how do you add more?

kluedesigns 12-26-2009 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Marinemom2J
I have a question about printing out the templates from the software. Is there a way to print more than one of each individual template without having to just print multiple copies of the whole block? I know the pieces can be moved to save paper and deleted, but how do you add more?

i'm not sure i've never tried to before i very rarely use templates.

luvmortherest 12-26-2009 08:53 AM

i checked out my software and did not find any way to add more to printing templates

luvmortherest 12-26-2009 10:16 AM

btw what size are the kites?

Marinemom2J 12-26-2009 10:18 AM

Okay thanks. Not sure if I was missing something as I'm not very good at anything computer :)