Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

cjt_mama 12-30-2009 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Sheree from Chicago

Originally Posted by Janstar
Details, name, weight etc. etc. I'll name you Wonder Woman if you are taking care of a 5 week old son and making a DJ! Very cool!

I was thinking the same thing!

Wonder woman will be seen if I can keep up when I go back to work next month! lol

Sheree from Chicago 12-30-2009 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by cjt_mama
Ok, I have 2 color-way options I think I can pull from my stash fairly easily (until I have the funds to go shopping next month of course!) 30's repos scrappy or black/white/pinks. Hmmm....

I think black, white and pinks would make it very mod looking. I like the modern twist to an old fashioned quilt! I'm locked into a red, white and blue batik theme, but I think a Jane in black, white and pinks would be awesome. Maybe if this first one goes well...................LOL

kluedesigns 12-30-2009 12:03 AM

Ok, I have 2 color-way options I think I can pull from my stash fairly easily (until I have the funds to go shopping next month of course!) 30's repos scrappy or black/white/pinks. Hmmm....

i love the jane's in 30s. there's quite a few out there and they look timeless even though its 30s repro prints.

cjt_mama 12-30-2009 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Sheree from Chicago

I think black, white and pinks would make it very mod looking. I like the modern twist to an old fashioned quilt! I'm locked into a red, white and blue batik theme, but I think a Jane in black, white and pinks would be awesome. Maybe if this first one goes well...................LOL

I like the modern look to a lot of things...The colors are fun and whimsical too when together. Will have to think it through for sure. The patirotic sounds cool, I have a patriotic star quilt that has been a work in progress for about 4 years now! lol

cjt_mama 12-30-2009 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns

i love the jane's in 30s. there's quite a few out there and they look timeless even though its 30s repro prints.

I have seen quite a few, they were likely the inspiration that led me to collect the FQ's I have currently in my stash! They are some of the only scrappy looks I like as I tend to lean towards matched fabrics and symmetry

kluedesigns 12-30-2009 12:10 AM

I have seen quite a few, they were likely the inspiration that led me to collect the FQ's I have currently in my stash! They are some of the only scrappy looks I like as I tend to lean towards matched fabrics and symmetry

me too, i'm not a scrappy kinda girl but it looks right with 30s fabric for some reason.

BlueChicken 12-30-2009 01:20 AM

I was going to do black and white and lime green, but pink would be awesome too.

kluedesigns 12-30-2009 01:26 AM

or pink, green, and black - it would be a watermelon jane.

Sheree from Chicago 12-30-2009 01:32 AM

or pink, green, and black - it would be a watermelon jane.

The possibilities are endless!!!!! LOL. It's 3:30 AM here in Chicago and I should be in bed sleeping!

kluedesigns 12-30-2009 01:33 AM

me 2, its 4:30 am and i have to leave for Newport RI by 9 am.