Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

Janstar 01-01-2010 02:27 PM

Hey Blue Down Under, those blocks and your sashing are fantastic! Good for you!! Waiting to see more!!

Brazen 01-01-2010 02:36 PM

Hey,

I was wondering... did Jane name each of these blocks? Or did Brenda or someone else?

NorBanaquilts 01-01-2010 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Brazen
Hey,

I was wondering... did Jane name each of these blocks? Or did Brenda or someone else?

The names are Brenda's creations

kluedesigns 01-01-2010 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Icandothat
Klue,
I will be away from my sewing room for the first few weeks of our cyber party. I will be caring for my Mother in another state. As I gather supplies to take along, I want to have my patterns printed. Do you know which of the blocks for the first 6 weeks are mirror images? I saw reference to I9...but am not sure of the others.
Thanks.

BR11, LS10, TR9

that will carry you until February 22, 2010

kluedesigns 01-01-2010 02:59 PM

Hey,

brenda did all of them as far as i know - if some one else helped her come up with the names i've never heard her mention it.

maryb.43 01-01-2010 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns

Originally Posted by okie

my quilt is laid out on the diagonal so i made a folder for the blocks that run in each diagonal because i don't want to use the same fabric in any 2 blocks that touch each other.
Klue you are talking about the different red fabrics not touching, right, not the indigo.

yes, i don't want the same red "strip it" in one block to be used in the block right next to it - so its a real challenge to juggle since the design is laid out on the diagonal with red and white.

i've set up a word document that lists each section and what blocks are in it to try and make it easier.

i'll email it to you so you have it for your records.

Klue...would you be nice enough to send this to me also...this may be where I end up in mydesign.

Brazen 01-01-2010 03:33 PM

WOW, I just got home from Hancock Fabrics and I wanted to share the AWESOME deal I got... in case you all could benefit as well.

I went for rotary blades because Joann's was out (probably due to their 40% off quilting notions sale, plus the additional 10% off entire purchase coupon). I was bummed to think that I would be missing out on 50% off the blades, but I really need some.

Turns out Hancock's entire selection of rotary blades are on sale for 50% off! And they had a bunch in stock... so I got a 5-pack of Olfa 45mm blades for $12.49!!!!!! What a deal.

I also found an Olfa Olipfa ruler hidden in a strange spot. It was the ONLY one of it's size, which is the size I use. My current Olipfa was broken when we moved here, so the lip doesn't hold tight to the top of the cutting mat; it shifts easily.

So I took the ruler up to the front to see how much it was............... $3.89! REALLY?? Regular price was only $12.49 which I would have been thrilled with anyway, but $3.89!?!? Heck yeah. LOL

kluedesigns 01-01-2010 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by maryb.43

Originally Posted by kluedesigns

Originally Posted by okie

my quilt is laid out on the diagonal so i made a folder for the blocks that run in each diagonal because i don't want to use the same fabric in any 2 blocks that touch each other.
Klue you are talking about the different red fabrics not touching, right, not the indigo.

yes, i don't want the same red "strip it" in one block to be used in the block right next to it - so its a real challenge to juggle since the design is laid out on the diagonal with red and white.

i've set up a word document that lists each section and what blocks are in it to try and make it easier.

i'll email it to you so you have it for your records.

Klue...would you be nice enough to send this to me also...this may be where I end up in mydesign.

send me a PM with your email address and i'll send it to you

BlueChicken 01-01-2010 03:38 PM

WOW, I just got home from Hancock Fabrics and I wanted to share the AWESOME deal I got... in case you all could benefit as well.

I went for rotary blades because Joann's was out (probably due to their 40% off quilting notions sale, plus the additional 10% off entire purchase coupon). I was bummed to think that I would be missing out on 50% off the blades, but I really need some.

Turns out Hancock's entire selection of rotary blades are on sale for 50% off! And they had a bunch in stock... so I got a 5-pack of Olfa 45mm blades for $12.49!!!!!! What a deal.

I also found an Olfa Olipfa ruler hidden in a strange spot. It was the ONLY one of it's size, which is the size I use. My current Olipfa was broken when we moved here, so the lip doesn't hold tight to the top of the cutting mat; it shifts easily.

So I took the ruler up to the front to see how much it was............... $3.89! REALLY?? Regular price was only $12.49 which I would have been thrilled with anyway, but $3.89!?!? Heck yeah. LOL

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Far out... I think I'd faint if I saw prices like that here! LOL Rulers are generally around $30-$40, and blades (mine are 65mm) are $15-$18 EACH. :?

bearpaw 01-01-2010 04:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am so bummed!!!! My fabrics won't be shipped until the 4th. :cry:

I bought a charm pack of all the fossil ferns to make sure I liked the fabrics before I bought them. Good thing, too - the red that I picked was way darker in person.

Here's a pic of the colors I'll be using:

Dear Jane fossil ferns
[ATTACH=CONFIG]62104[/ATTACH]