Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

kluedesigns 01-02-2010 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by Janstar
Kelly, thanks for all your info. I kinda knew all that. What someone needs to tell me is how to get that thing out of this computer. What buttons to push and what to look for. Your talking to a complete idiot here when it comes to computers!

you would click on the downloaded button. then it will open up in excel and you can save it to your computer.

i've been keeping all my jane stuff right on my desktop since i use it a few times a day.

BlueChicken 01-02-2010 02:44 AM

I have a question.... anyone want to have a quick look at L10 and make suggestions on how to put that little sucker together?

"That Quilt" site hasn't made it yet, and it's intriguing me. So far, my best guess is that it's going to be a hand sewing job.

I'm intrigued by it because it's in the set I was putting together to test my sashing... I ended up making the blocks on the other side because I couldn't figure that one out.

kluedesigns 01-02-2010 03:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
i'm doing to redraft this block when it comes time but here's the general idea.

i would turn the center of units I & H into hourglass units so they can be paper pieced more easily.

then i'll enter machine stitch or hand stitch the Y seams around the center square.

general PP idea of L10
[ATTACH=CONFIG]62450[/ATTACH]

BlueChicken 01-02-2010 03:40 AM

I'm not looking forward to some of them! lol

Another curly question... while I'm being a pain....

blocks like H1 that's in next week's lot, there are pieces of the same colour that are pieced when it seems they could be done as one single piece of fabric, especially in paper piecing. The seam makes sense on a line drawing, but not when the colours are all the same.

kluedesigns 01-02-2010 03:51 AM

yes, sometimes i just take liberties with the design because it seems she just has a seam because she didn't have a piece big enough to cover.

like i I9 i didn't put on that very tiny triangles on the end - it just seemed silly to me when it was the exact same color fabric.

i didn't alter the seams of H1 though.

i agree some blocks are going to be real killers - i'm redrafting as much as i can into paper piecing.

kluedesigns 01-02-2010 03:53 AM

also - there's that entire section of blocks in the library that are center variations.

i always looks thru them before deciding on the final one i'll use in the quilt.

BlueChicken 01-02-2010 04:02 AM

I didn't put those little triangles on I9 either.

I'm torn for H1 though, seeing as they're bigger pieces in the centre of the block. I'll have to think about it. :-)

I haven't been looking at the variations though, I should start.

I'm off to bed now, it's 1am again ... no matter how many times I say we're going to bed early for a change, it doesn't happen. When work starts again it's going to be hellish in the mornings! LOL

Thanks for all your time klue, this wouldn't be happening without you. :-)

NorBanaquilts 01-02-2010 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
yes, sometimes i just take liberties with the design because it seems she just has a seam because she didn't have a piece big enough to cover.

like i I9 i didn't put on that very tiny triangles on the end - it just seemed silly to me when it was the exact same color fabric.

i agree some blocks are going to be real killers - i'm redrafting as much as i can into paper piecing.

I did the tiny triangles but changed the color, I figured if I was going to sew such a tiny piece you should be able to see it.

kluedesigns 01-02-2010 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts

Originally Posted by kluedesigns

I did the tiny triangles but changed the color, I figured if I was going to sew such a tiny piece you should be able to see it.

absolutely, good decision

kluedesigns 01-02-2010 04:15 AM

sleep well blue