Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

Lacelady 01-21-2010 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
greetings all

i've missed you all so very much!!!

DH goes in for his medical tests and procedures today and after that i'll be able to spend more time here.

since PM isn't able to send out mass messages can you guys PM me your email addresses this way i'll be able to write everyone without having to send out 75 PMs.

Great to see you back Klue, we have missed you too. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well with DH.

Re quilting, I have been looking at the photos of original in the book, and Jane seemed to most often quilt across the blocks in diagonal fashion, rather than around individual patches inside each seam. I don't think I can trim my seam allowances down after having made the blocks, I think had I been going to do that, it would have been easier during construction. I will have to contemplate further.

kluedesigns 01-21-2010 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by STAR
Klue- best wishes to you and DH!!

Blue- as far as the quilting, I am hoping that no one will shoot me for this but, I was thinking of having it done by a LA quilter as I feel that if I actually finish it I would spend the money to do this. I have also thought of hand quilting but am very scared!!

you can always get in hand quilted by a professional if you want that kind of look.

tons of amish ladies in PA advertise that they will hand quilt janes.

STAR 01-21-2010 04:45 AM

HHHHHMMMM I wonder what the difference in price would be :shock: :shock:

kluedesigns 01-21-2010 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by STAR
HHHHHMMMM I wonder what the difference in price would be :shock: :shock:

i'm not sure but you should join the dear jane list group (you can sign up at the dear jane site) the author allows everyone to place ads for their services on the 1st of every month.

so you'll see tons of ads for hand and machine quilting of janes.

Lacelady 01-21-2010 04:58 AM

That sounds as if it would be very expensive to me, don't they charge by the square inch?

kluedesigns 01-21-2010 05:05 AM

i think the only way it would be inexpensive (as far as quilting goes) is to do an all over design by a long armer which you can get as low as $150.

the only question is, do you want an all over meander type of design on your quilt.

STAR 01-21-2010 05:11 AM

I am thinking something simple not really a design

kluedesigns 01-21-2010 05:16 AM

then you should be able to get a decent price. start looking into local quilters now just to get price points and quality of workmanship.

Lacelady 01-21-2010 05:37 AM

Hmmm, I am of the opinion I will end up doing it myself. We have one professional longarmer here in Ireland, but somehow I don't think this quilt is going to lend itself to an overal design, and I don't know that I would be happy shipping it to the USA - just the thought of it getting lost along the way is enough to give me the heebyjeebies.

STAR 01-21-2010 05:41 AM

Yeah I wouldn't really want to send it somewhere I can't get to within a few hours max. Maybe with lots of luck by the time I am done I will be confident enough to actually do it all myself. and maybe by then DH will have bought me a hoop or frame to fit it on, hint hint, I will have to mention this to him,lol