Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

cheriffic 01-20-2010 06:22 PM

Oh that is great welcome Ginabelle. You are gonna love this we are having the time of our lives here. Looking forward to seeing your version. Yipee come on in!!!!!!! :thumbup: :D
Cher

Shemjo 01-20-2010 06:26 PM

Hooray! Welcome Ginabelle! Glad to have you aboard. This will be a blast!

Ginabelle 01-20-2010 06:48 PM

Oooh, I'm so excited! I just ordered my DJ software and rulers. I'll be off to Hancock Fabrics tomorrow to get fabric. I'm not sure what just yet, kinda leaning towards batiks with bleached muslin, maybe. Or maybe bright mods with black. Or maybe CW with unbleached muslin. Oh boy, I think I'm in trouble :lol:

Ginabelle 01-20-2010 06:48 PM

And thanks everyone for the warm welcome!!!!

luvmortherest 01-20-2010 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Ginabelle
Oooh, I'm so excited! I just ordered my DJ software and rulers. I'll be off to Hancock Fabrics tomorrow to get fabric. I'm not sure what just yet, kinda leaning towards batiks with bleached muslin, maybe. Or maybe bright mods with black. Or maybe CW with unbleached muslin. Oh boy, I think I'm in trouble :lol:

decisions decisions decisions :-D

Janstar 01-20-2010 07:02 PM

Welcome Ginabelle! We will all have a great time and end up with a wonderful quilt!!

So happy you have heard from Kelly! Hope the tests for her DH go well! Was gone all day so am getting caught up!

BlueChicken 01-20-2010 09:01 PM

Welcome to the asylum ginabelle!! LOL :-)

I totally agree... I think the only way to tackle a project this big is to do it with a bunch of like minded crazy women. ;-)

Janstar 01-20-2010 09:08 PM

As I was going through the different swaps yesterday I noticed a new member who has done 189 Jane Stickle blocks. It's in her signature. So I PMed her and ask if she would post pics of what she has done. I also invited her to join us if she wished. She said she would post this weekend in Pictures. So be watching for 'mistiliz' and her creation. She's been working on it around two years.

retrogirl02 01-20-2010 10:02 PM

Janstar, thanks for the heads up on mistiliz. We'll be watching!

I pulled off 2 blocks today from week 4, I think. Will post pix after I finish the other 2 for the group. My background fabric is a mess or my iron needs to be replaced. I'm noticing some discoloration and hope it doesn't become a major problem. The last thing I want to do is re-do a bunch of beginner blocks at the end because the fabric was not up to par.

Esqmommy 01-20-2010 10:04 PM

Wow, can't wait to see what she's done. If she posts, be sure to put a link in this thread so no one misses it!! I hope she offers to help us out!!! She sounds like she has some experience!!