Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

kluedesigns 01-10-2010 10:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by sewsational
Is it too late to join this group?

jump on in the water is fine!.

here's the block schedule for the next 14 months.

just click on the download button

DJ Block Schedule
[ATTACH=CONFIG]65459[/ATTACH]

Tiffany 01-10-2010 10:32 AM

Welcome to the group! Some of us are getting a late start. My software came in yesterday (a week earlier then expected & a week later then they said it would be here!) and I'm still waiting on that darn background fabric I ordered, so you aren't behind at all. :thumbup:

Sheree from Chicago 01-10-2010 11:56 AM

Never ever ever too late!!!!!!!!!

sarahelloyd 01-10-2010 12:28 PM

it's great that people can still join in, it is awful when you find something too late. Plus having done two weeks worth it is not as hard as it looks, but twice as fascinating.

wildberrytea 01-10-2010 03:52 PM

I finally ordered the Dear Jane software. I am late to join, so hopefully I can catch up quick with everyone.

cutebuns 01-10-2010 03:57 PM

It won't be that hard, even if you just add an extra block a week you will be up in no time, and there is a week off break as well so anything that you don't get done can be done then as well.

Welcome Wildberryrea!

kluedesigns 01-10-2010 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by wildberrytea
I finally ordered the Dear Jane software. I am late to join, so hopefully I can catch up quick with everyone.

of course you can join in, the block schedule is about 3 posts up from this one, just click on the download button.

you're really not behind we're just finishing up week 1.

welcome to the group

Tiffany 01-10-2010 04:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Okay everyone, ready for a laugh? I didn't "mirror" the TR5 block, though now I see why we should. The first picture below shows my boo boo. Well, one of them anyway. Somehow I ended up with the side paper sewn to the front of the block. Oh, I was still able to make the block and remove the paper without any issues, as seen in the second photo, but I definitely had a good laugh at myself for making such a silly mistake. I remember going to the ironing board and ironing it and just staring in surprise, thinking, "What the heck did I just do!?!"

The second mistake is quite easily noticeable by those who have already made the block. I didn't have enough of the light fabric to use along the sides and switched the colors. It looks a bit strange but since it's a practice block I figured it wouldn't matter much. When it does get put into a quilt somewhere I am going to claim it was supposed to be that way! ;)

BlueChicken 01-10-2010 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany
Somehow I ended up with the side paper sewn to the front of the block. Oh, I was still able to make the block and remove the paper without any issues, as seen in the second photo, but I definitely had a good laugh at myself for making such a silly mistake. I remember going to the ironing board and ironing it and just staring in surprise, thinking, "What the heck did I just do!?!"

LOL

I had to join you in laughing... so many times I've stood at the ironing board looking down and thinking... "what the.... ?" :roll:

STAR 01-10-2010 05:00 PM

I am sure the mistakes that I will make will be much worse!!