Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

montanaquilter 01-07-2010 07:05 AM

Tiffany-glad you like my avatar--i just love fairies! I also love the name of your DJ, I'm thinking about doing a scrappy one also with 1950's fabrics!
I may try the optical illusion on the off weeks-if I can get caught up with everything!! Klue-I love the optical illusion that you did, it looks amazing and i definitely want to do one. I look forward to looking at the tutorial--you are amazing doing all these things!!

butterflyquilter 01-07-2010 07:25 AM

I haven't started yet either. Had the flu for 10 days so I am just now getting my strength back. I hope to start in the next few weeks. I will probably always be behind!!!

Esqmommy 01-07-2010 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by butterflyquilter
I haven't started yet either. Had the flu for 10 days so I am just now getting my strength back. I hope to start in the next few weeks. I will probably always be behind!!!

I wouldn't worry. Once you get a on a roll, you can glide right through them!!! You'll be caught up in no time.

sunrise450 01-07-2010 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
you should try a mini me jr - i think its going to be so much fun.

Okay, what is a "mini me jr"?

Tiffany 01-07-2010 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
I can't...really. I'm doing Doll quilt Swaps, my daughter's class auction quilt, the IRR (two rounds) and the DJ, plus I want to make at least 4 other quilts this year...soooooooo.....

Plus, I do NOT believe sleep is overrated. I fall asleep FAST every night and have a hard time waking up. It's because I get no exercize so I plan to change that (soon, really!) but I do loooove my shut-eye. I had a period where I was waking up at 2 and could not get back to sleep, but thank goodness that's over.

Seriously, I will just admire all of you...:)

No pressure here. I will gladly accept any admiration you want to send this way...once I get started that is. ;)

Butterflyquilter - Feel better!!

sunrise450 01-07-2010 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
I can't...really. I'm doing Doll quilt Swaps, my daughter's class auction quilt, the IRR (two rounds) and the DJ, plus I want to make at least 4 other quilts this year...soooooooo.....
Seriously, I will just admire all of you...:)

I'm with Ratchel, Just not enough time to take on another project. I will do the wow! and good job! and give any encouragement you need. It's going to be fun watching you all make the quilt.
:-D

kluedesigns 01-07-2010 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by sunrise450

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
you should try a mini me jr - i think its going to be so much fun.

Okay, what is a "mini me jr"?

i'm making a miniature Jane Quilt (exactly half the size) out of red, white, and indigo in the exact layout as the traditional size jane that i'm making.

the traditional size jane quilted is named American City Jane and the miniature size jane quilted is named Mini Me because its the mini version of the other quilt.

the mini me jr name is now being floated because she's thinking about making a mini jane too.

bearpaw 01-07-2010 11:40 AM

ARRRGGGHHHH!!! My fabric isn't here yet! They said it would ship on Monday. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

BlueChicken 01-07-2010 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by bearpaw
ARRRGGGHHHH!!! My fabric isn't here yet! They said it would ship on Monday. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

:-( That must be so frustrating!!

kluedesigns 01-07-2010 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by bearpaw

thats just a killer - who did you order from - lets all send them emails asking for status