Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

kluedesigns 11-02-2009 05:07 PM

whittles has a lot of "civil war" type fabric and you just can't beat their prices.

wvdek 11-02-2009 05:13 PM

klue- what do you think is a good estimate on the over-all cost if I purchase fabric around $9.00 a yd? Would it be around $171.00? That sounds too low. It would be a king, maybe queen if we downsize our next mattress for our small room.

Janstar 11-02-2009 05:20 PM

I'm all ready for it to commence! Still practiceing my software. For a dummy, some of it is not to clear but I'm trying. Doing cream colored muslin and scrappy. Going to be fun!!!!

kluedesigns 11-02-2009 05:26 PM

i designed my quilt in the software and soup to nuts (not including a back but it does include the sashing, scallop border, and the binding) it says i should buy about 25 yards of fabric.

so if you went with that estimate you're looking at $225 or so in fabric costs.

kluedesigns 11-02-2009 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Janstar
I'm all ready for it to commence! Still practiceing my software. For a dummy, some of it is not to clear but I'm trying. Doing cream colored muslin and scrappy. Going to be fun!!!!

i think the software is easier if you are already used to EQ (its really just EQ lite).

if you've never worked with EQ its best to do the exercises that come with the Dear Jane Software Book (its included with the software purchase).

cheriffic 11-02-2009 06:36 PM

Wow here we gooooooooo! This is gonna be great!

Esqmommy 11-02-2009 06:49 PM

Kelly - thank you so much for putting this together! I'm going to print out the lists and study them hard! I think I have a good start on things, but we'll see.

I plan to use all modern prints for my colors, although I will say my off-white I've chosen is a bit old-school. Still pretty though.

Let the games begin! and KLue - you are amazing! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! :!:

ai731 11-02-2009 07:28 PM

I'm in! I'll be doing my Jane in batiks & muslin.

Jan

retrogirl02 11-02-2009 07:39 PM

If we are not sure if we're adding the triangles to our quilt, can we do those in the end? I have a 2.5 inch acrylic but I'm thinking that the larger triangle ruler will be a must. I'm doing a scrappy 30s (eventually :lol: ).

Wouldn't you know I am new to EQ and have misplaced my software book! I'm tearing the house apart looking for it.
RETRO

cutebuns 11-02-2009 07:44 PM

I would love to join in, just don't know if I have the focus to last that long in doing it.

At the moment I can't afford any of the supplies either, The fabric I could probably use what I have, but no rulers or software or pattern.