Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

kluedesigns 11-09-2009 01:00 PM

3 Attachment(s)
ok, these are 2 word documents that address each of the "american jane" blocks and what color to make them.

the first one is a master list and then the second one is each section on a separate page so i can keep that page on the front of the folder.

i've made a folder for each striped section.

you guys are welcome to use my layout and if you want to do my colors/fabrics that ok by me.

its not the first time its been done we did it for our guild quilt last year.

here's a pic - i just changed the colors to red/white/indigo for mine.

kluedesigns 11-09-2009 01:05 PM

lets see if this works.

i've wanted to see if i could upload my DJ software file onto the forum.

if it works, any of you who have the DJ software should be able to download this file onto your computer and open it up in your DJ software.

if it works this will make swapping patterns/designs very easy.

cross your fingers

kluedesigns 11-09-2009 01:06 PM

ok, it loaded so the data files isn't too big for the forum.

someone who has the DJ software down load that file and let me know if you can open it and see my american jane quilt and blocks.

STAR 11-09-2009 01:07 PM

WOW! that looks so neat :D

I was actually thinking of doing some kind of rainbow layout with my scraps and CW fabrics that I have, just wasn't sure how I wanted to do it. I was also thinking horizontal instead of diagonal? will really think about it once I get my software.

tuesy 11-09-2009 01:20 PM

ok, it loaded so the data files isn't too big for the forum.

someone who has the DJ software down load that file and let me know if you can open it and see my american jane quilt and blocks.
Yep, opened just fine here.. and it's so pretty!! Thanks Klue!

Butterflyspain 11-09-2009 01:26 PM

Yep I downloaded it and opened it too.

Elle

NorBanaquilts 11-09-2009 01:56 PM

It worked for me too!

ai731 11-09-2009 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
each week i'll start a new post with the list of blocks to do that week along with the tutes (as needed). it might be best to post these in the tute section and its up to admin if he wants to keep them up for the long term or dump them.

then i'll start a thread in the pic section of the fourm and we'll post pics of that weeks blocks there and we can all admire them.

then i'll set up a flicker account for the cyber party and people can make their album in that section and up load all their pics so we have one master file of the project that stays neat and condensed.

everyone share your thoughts

I don't think you got very many replies to this - I think what you have described sounds like a really good way to do it. The tutes need to be easy to find for anyone that falls behind or is catching up during the week off, so having the posted by week should work really well.

I'm not a big fan of flicker, but I'll contribute to the flicker cyber party to be a "team player" :)

Jan

Shemjo 11-09-2009 02:40 PM

Love all the posts.

kluedesigns 11-09-2009 02:45 PM

YIPPEE!!!

that is so frigging awesome!

now when i'm done redrafting some of the blocks i can just upload the file folder and you can all down load it into your jane software - and you'll have it forever.

this is so great - i just love technology.