Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

Esqmommy 11-10-2009 04:06 PM

I thought it seemed the same! Nice to know that your original supplier is not really marking up too much, at least from the price I can get it for at the paper company nearyby. I'm going to start shoppind around for it, now that I know we have the right stuff.

BlueChicken 11-10-2009 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by okie
I must say this is an ambitious bunch. I may have to quit my job just to keep up with making one and you all are talking about making 2 and 3 and oh my!

Ambitious? Perhaps "insane" would be a better word! LOL

luvmortherest 11-10-2009 04:11 PM

the only reaason i am not working is because my DH had a liver transplant in Feb. and every time i even think about going back to work he gets sick.

user3587 11-10-2009 04:25 PM

I know how you feel, I too did the "HAPPY DANCE". :lol: :lol:.

I looked online and found some I think may be the same thing but not willing to take the chance when I know what I'm getting from esq. She's sending me a 100 sheets today and then in the next couple of weeks she's going to send me a ream. What we are using has to be 24 lb or less, because I had 29 lb and it's too heavy. I used it for a presentation cover. The one I found online is 24 lb or less. As long as esq is willing to shop for me I will buy it from her. I'm getting a large large stock for 2 reasons, the price will go up, that's a guarantee and I won't have to buy any when I retire.

Esq. the price I found on line was almost 38.00 a ream. I didn't check the shipping charge. One thing though, I don't know if's it the same thing and if it's not , what would I do with 500 sheets of the wrong paper.

sandpat 11-10-2009 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
i think they got them from this seller on ebay

guys, please correct me if i'm wrong.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dear-Jane-Tools-...item4148dd940c

Thats the one I bought from.
Elle

Me too...she is the quickest shipper I've ever dealt with on ebay! Go for it with her!

kluedesigns 11-10-2009 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
I thought it seemed the same! Nice to know that your original supplier is not really marking up too much, at least from the price I can get it for at the paper company nearyby. I'm going to start shoppind around for it, now that I know we have the right stuff.

i agree she's not be crazy with her pricing. my big concern was that she'd stop selling it one day and then i'd be out of luck.

i looked at my log and i've ordered 1200 sheets from her for this year. so you can imagine how lost i would have been if you didn't figure out the original maker.

you're my Goddess!

sewsewquilter 11-10-2009 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
i think they got them from this seller on ebay

guys, please correct me if i'm wrong.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dear-Jane-Tools-...item4148dd940c

Thanks! for re-posting.

kluedesigns 11-10-2009 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by luvmortherest
the only reaason i am not working is because my DH had a liver transplant in Feb. and every time i even think about going back to work he gets sick.

if you don't need the income stay home and look after your DH.

i took care of my inlaws for 9 years before they passed away. i started working full time again about 2 years ago.

kluedesigns 11-10-2009 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by okie
I know how you feel, I too did the "HAPPY DANCE". :lol: :lol:.

I looked online and found some I think may be the same thing but not willing to take the chance when I know what I'm getting from esq. She's sending me a 100 sheets today and then in the next couple of weeks she's going to send me a ream. What we are using has to be 24 lb or less, because I had 29 lb and it's too heavy. I used it for a presentation cover. The one I found online is 24 lb or less. As long as esq is willing to shop for me I will buy it from her. I'm getting a large large stock for 2 reasons, the price will go up, that's a guarantee and I won't have to buy any when I retire.

Esq. the price I found on line was almost 38.00 a ream. I didn't check the shipping charge. One thing though, I don't know if's it the same thing and if it's not , what would I do with 500 sheets of the wrong paper.

i agree, you don't want to end up with 500 sheets you won't be using.

i love this paper, if you ever come over you'll see little bits of this paper all over my studio.

luvmortherest 11-10-2009 08:15 PM

well i am enjoying the free time i have and the ability to possibly travel with DH if he wants to and now add to that the great joy i have now that i have found all you you my wonderful new friends.