Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

sunrise450 11-15-2009 09:19 AM

Blue, your block is great! I hope that I can do half as well! I am getting so excited about starting my DJ. I have two blocks that I did several months ago, if i ever get my camera going (DH is threatening to buy a new one!) then I can post them. That is if I can figure out how to do that! LOL
Phyllis in Mo

kluedesigns 11-15-2009 09:57 AM

blue

the block looks awesome!

did you just cut the shape and needle turn or did you use a template and a gathering stitch like you did in the circle?

Shemjo 11-15-2009 10:27 AM

Have to keep posting something to get updates!

Blue, the block is lovely.

Esqmommy 11-15-2009 10:38 AM

Fab job by Blue!!!!!!!!!! Once again...please give us your tute on this one too!!

Klue - I don't think it's too early to ask Admin to set up the Cyber party section so you can start segregating out the various threads...

Janstar 11-15-2009 10:39 AM

Great job Blue! You are as bad as me, I want to keep doing them. Each one is a challenge!

BlueChicken 11-15-2009 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
blue

the block looks awesome!

did you just cut the shape and needle turn or did you use a template and a gathering stitch like you did in the circle?

I'm not sure if that gathering stitch method works on a shape with straight lines, I think it's more of a curved thing.

I used freezer paper, and put it upside down underneath, so that I could iron the seam allowance over and it would stick. Then I whipped the freezer paper out and needleturned it.

I don't mind doing pictures (it makes me feel important! lol) if you still want to see them.

kluedesigns 11-15-2009 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken

blue

the block looks awesome!

I'm not sure if that gathering stitch method works on a shape with straight lines, I think it's more of a curved thing.

I used freezer paper, and put it upside down underneath, so that I could iron the seam allowance over and it would stick. Then I whipped the freezer paper out and needleturned it.

I don't mind doing pictures (it makes me feel important! lol) if you still want to see them.

ok, do your pics for this too.

i plan on altering the pattern so the diamonds can be paper pieced in instead of applique. so it will be a nice compliment to each other, an applique method and a PP method.

user3587 11-15-2009 11:52 AM

You all are moving too fast for me. I think I better not look again until the party begins, that way I won't feel behind before I even get started. Keep up the good work, see you in January.

BlueChicken 11-15-2009 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by okie
You all are moving too fast for me. I think I better not look again until the party begins, that way I won't feel behind before I even get started. Keep up the good work, see you in January.

Please don't be scared off! :-)

I was feeling like an overachiever for a while... then I thought I'd better cross the blocks I've done off on the total list, to make sure I don't repeat them by mistake. And trust me, I have not even made a dent! LOL I still have more than 200 blocks to make!

BlueChicken 11-15-2009 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken

blue

the block looks awesome!

ok, do your pics for this too.

i plan on altering the pattern so the diamonds can be paper pieced in instead of applique. so it will be a nice compliment to each other, an applique method and a PP method.

I was thinking about one of the other ones I did, the one with the four leaf shapes running out to each corner of a plain background block. I appliqued it, because I haven't done curved seams before, but it's not quite straight so I'm thinking I might do another and do the old fashioned paper piecing, where you tack to the fabric then hand sew the seams. Like hexagons.