Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

QuiltswithConvicts 09-14-2010 05:11 PM

What is "rest?"

There is no mention of cornerstones in the book, so I didn't do them. I would have prefered to make the sashings wider, but then the triangles wouldn't fit. I do like the look of the cornerstones, but when I started doing this, I was trying to replicate Jane's quilt as closely as I could. Now - not so much.

Well, I'm off to watch NCIS and sew #3 triangle on bottom row.

Butterflyspain 09-14-2010 11:07 PM

Kathy I love that programme too, watch it all the time.

Elle

jolo 09-15-2010 02:16 AM

I watch it also.

QuiltswithConvicts 09-15-2010 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Kathy I love that programme too, watch it all the time.

Elle

It's been my favorite since it first came on the air, but I just couldn't get into NCIS: LA. I believe that the success of NCIS is due to the cast of characters. I especially love Abby! I just love it when there is an all-day marathon. :)

Butterflyspain 09-15-2010 07:35 AM

We get it here in the evenings and I am an ardent fan too. I also like the other one think its called CIS

wilhelmina 09-15-2010 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
At first I had thought that no...I wouldn't use the cornerstones, but the more I think and with the way Meredith's looks...I might change my mind. I'll have to audition some different colors with the chocolate to see.

Right now...I have a break from Jane due to finishing up an IRR top. It hopefully won't take long, I'm anxious to get back to Jane!

Patti, you have to cut the fabric anyway, so may as well add some more interest with different fabrics for the cornerstones. Besides neither of us are trying to make a duplicate of Jane's. I love the mixed fabric cornerstornes with the chocolate fabric, there is one in the gallery with the software!

wilhelmina 09-15-2010 02:16 PM

I would really like to make a Sylvia's Bridal Quilt, but I'm not sure it will be after Jane, but maybe! :D

sandpat 09-15-2010 03:02 PM

I know Meredith...I saw the one in the software with the cornerstones. I'll probably end up doing them....I'll have to see what I have as leftovers when I get there. Of course, there is always more at the LQS!

I went in there today shopping and I bought something for an IRR top. It is something that I could add to my Jane also, so I bought a little extra and mentioned that. That silly owner...she said "you mean, you're not done with that yet??? :shock: :shock: " Oh boy....its a good thing she wasn't very close to me when she said that!! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Butterflyspain 09-15-2010 03:24 PM

!
I went in there today shopping and I bought something for an IRR top. It is something that I could add to my Jane also, so I bought a little extra and mentioned that. That silly owner...she said "you mean, you're not done with that yet??? :shock: :shock: " Oh boy....its a good thing she wasn't very close to me when she said that!! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Obviously she knows nothing Patti, or she would know how many other things you have been doing in between, I am surprised that you are as far ahead as you are. What a goofy thing to say.

Elle

sandpat 09-15-2010 03:36 PM

Well...your probably right..I just asked her if she had done one. Of course she said no, so I told her that when she did to let me know how long it took her... :lol: :lol: I actually like this girl...she's just messin' with me cause she wants to sell me more fabric to start another project..:wink: She's nice though and I'm so glad she opened that shop so close to me!