Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

sandpat 10-01-2010 04:24 PM

Yes...another new one joining us!! I hope so!! Its so addicting and soo much fun!

Lacelady 10-02-2010 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Yes...another new one joining us!! I hope so!! Its so addicting and soo much fun!

The more the merrier (or dafter? LOL)

QuiltswithConvicts 10-02-2010 11:42 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Welcome, Cherrio! These ladies are the greatest support network you could ask for!

Here are 2 corners that I have finished!!! Just couldn't resist doing them - out of order (mine). Only 6 more triangles & 2 corners left to go! Wheeeeeee!

Need to come up with a name for my Baby. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :)

sandpat 10-02-2010 04:10 PM

Kathy...huge sigh...those are beautiful!!! I'm going wild here on the final leg for me. I've printed off the kites, but haven't started them yet.

Lesley...I was thinking (I know...very dangerous..but..) did you cut your blocks to size prior to your quilting them? Did it make much difference in the size after quilting? I was thinking of doing mine on the machine, then thought..oh no...machine quilting can draw up the quilt..so wonder if I need to bite the bullet and just wait until I have the whole thing (or maybe larger sections) sewn together before I quilt. What do you think?

wilhelmina 10-03-2010 05:44 PM

Kathy, those are lovely kites. If your quilt was all blue you could have named it the Blue Lady or how about Senorita Jane, as a take off on your state name...

What are the dimensions of the kites? I'm sure I have seen them, I was going to print them from the software. Thanks

luvmortherest 10-03-2010 06:31 PM

not sure but i think that the kites are 8 by 8

QuiltswithConvicts 10-03-2010 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by wilhelmina
Kathy, those are lovely kites. If your quilt was all blue you could have named it the Blue Lady or how about Senorita Jane, as a take off on your state name...

What are the dimensions of the kites? I'm sure I have seen them, I was going to print them from the software. Thanks

Thanks for the name suggestion.

Don't know what the exact dimensions are, but they are the Top Left and Bottom Left Corners on Jane's original quilt. I just made them blue instead of pink.

sandpat 10-04-2010 06:00 AM

Those are great name suggestions for Kathy's quilt! I started the TLC kite last night. I'm doing it via English PP. I had never tried that before, so yet another new" technique for me in this quilt. Man...there have been a bunch of them!

Meredith...just click on "size from quilt" before you print the kites. They are 8 x 8 though.

Also..I posted week 40 for us.

wilhelmina 10-04-2010 05:04 PM

Thanks Luv & Patti! 8 X 8 they will be... :D

luvmortherest 10-04-2010 08:18 PM

you are welcome