Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

Janstar 10-20-2010 06:04 PM

Can any of you tell me the dementions of the kites? I'm printing out all of my patterns and can't seem to find that info. Thanks ahead of time.

Butterflyspain 10-20-2010 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Janstar
Can any of you tell me the dementions of the kites? I'm printing out all of my patterns and can't seem to find that info. Thanks ahead of time.

Jan I couldnīt find those either and I printed them out as 8 x 8 but was told later there is a button that says print to size on there somewhere
Elle

sandpat 10-21-2010 05:48 AM

OK...you are all right...I was thinking about my lighter fabrics after I posted the question about the batting. I'll use the natural that I have here.

Jan...they are 8 x 8...but just click on "size from quilt", that will get you there.

Do ya'll need more weeks posted? I have 43 and so on done...just need to take pics I think.

athenagwis 10-22-2010 06:54 AM

So after making a few blocks last weekend, I learned that for the more intricate blocks, making two is going to really suck, but also be really good LOL I made A-12 this weekend:

[img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4092/...16401d725e.jpg[/img]

And after I finished the purple one (I think it took 2 hours), I really really really didn't want to make the second, but I had also made quite a few mistakes in the purple one that I knew I could do better for my blue and orange one. So I waited till the next day and make the second one and the seams on the second one are much nicer. LOL And this was only an intermediate block!! So I have a feeling doing 2 blocks for some of the advanced blocks will be mind numbing LOL

Rachel

QuiltswithConvicts 10-22-2010 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by athenagwis
So after making a few blocks last weekend, I learned that for the more intricate blocks, making two is going to really suck, but also be really good LOL I made A-12 this weekend:

[img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4092/...16401d725e.jpg[/img]

And after I finished the purple one (I think it took 2 hours), I really really really didn't want to make the second, but I had also made quite a few mistakes in the purple one that I knew I could do better for my blue and orange one. So I waited till the next day and make the second one and the seams on the second one are much nicer. LOL And this was only an intermediate block!! So I have a feeling doing 2 blocks for some of the advanced blocks will be mind numbing LOL

Rachel

Just keep reminding yourself, "shorter seams, not small pieces, shorter seams, not small pieces . . ." I really think that the toughest one was G-6, Papa's Star with that little 1" star block in the center of the 5-point star. There is more fabric on the back than on the front - built-in trapunto! :) I did that one 2nd after G-7 - the one smack dab in the center. I still can't believe that I continued on after G-6, but I did and I'm really glad! Jane's Journey is going to be ready to quilt soon.

Your blocks look really nice to me! My address is 401 . . . if you really aren't satisfied with them.

sandpat 10-22-2010 03:56 PM

Oh..those look wonderful...both of them! Yes, I think there were some that if I had to do a 2nd one..I'm thinking that I would have to drink heavily before starting the 2nd one. I would really want to be in a state where I believed the "done not perfect" statement...

Lacelady 10-23-2010 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts

Originally Posted by athenagwis

Rachel

Just keep reminding yourself, "shorter seams, not small pieces, shorter seams, not small pieces . . ." I really think that the toughest one was G-6, Papa's Star with that little 1" star block in the center of the 5-point star. There is more fabric on the back than on the front - built-in trapunto! :) I did that one 2nd after G-7 - the one smack dab in the center. I still can't believe that I continued on after G-6, but I did and I'm really glad! Jane's Journey is going to be ready to quilt soon.

Your blocks look really nice to me! My address is 401 . . . if you really aren't satisfied with them.

How funny, I left Papa's star right until the very end, because I didn't really believe that I would get that little one done - 17 pieces in a one inch square seemed impossible to me, but I did it, and I agree with you, there is a lot more fabric on the back.

sandpat 10-23-2010 06:57 PM

I'm in the middle of that one right now. I've gotten the little star in the center done...boy...its tiny!! Now I'm trying to figure out the puzzle of how to put it together. Did any of you use the method from thatquiltblog for this block or did you all just use the foundation patterns from the software?

Oh and I posted the thread for week 43....its on the virtual section list. I took pics of some more future weeks today..do ya'll want to have them posted this early?

Lacelady 10-24-2010 02:30 AM

I just used the foundation software. I made the little star in three pieces, then put them together. I did trim down the seam allowances a bit smaller than 1/4 in, but not a lot, as I don't want that one to fall apart in the future.

Once I had it together, I pressed and starched it before I trimmed it into a true square and made the rest round it.

sandpat 10-24-2010 05:06 AM

OK, thanks Lesley. I hope to have time to put that one together today. That will be the last of the blocks! I do have a little stack of I think 2 others not completed because they need some hand sewing.

I'll still lack the rest of the tris and 3 kites.