Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

Lacelady 10-25-2010 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
OK, thanks Lesley. I hope to have time to put that one together today. That will be the last of the blocks! I do have a little stack of I think 2 others not completed because they need some hand sewing.

I'll still lack the rest of the tris and 3 kites.

CONGRATULATIONS Pattie - that is a BIG milestone.

sandpat 10-25-2010 04:40 PM

Oh thanks Lesley!! I got the book in the mail today. It will be great to use as a guide for quilting. Thanks for the suggestion.

QuiltswithConvicts 10-25-2010 06:33 PM

Doesn't reaching a milestone of completion make you feel great AND a bit let down? I've been experiencing both emotions when I hit each milestone. I have enjoyed hand sewing Jane's Journey so much. I have been looking at Sylvia's Bridal Sampler a lot, thinking that I ought to get some of the blocks ready to hand piece. We are in Waco, Texas where DH had an interview that lasted most of the day today. I sure hope he gets this job.

Not looking forward to packing, moving & selling our house, but there is a lovely little quilt shop here in town - found it today and only bought 1/2 yard of an aqua & green batik. I have NEVER spent that little at a quilt shop. Having hand piecing to do would be nice, especially after I get everything packed up. Don't know. Still need to get JAne done and ready to quilt. If DH gets this job, he will need to be living here by Nov. 12 or 15 - aghhhhhhhhhh! We will know tomorrow.

Shemjo 10-25-2010 07:25 PM

Hoping you get your wish, Kathy.

Butterflyspain 10-25-2010 09:19 PM

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Kathy. hope all goes well with DH´s job

Elle

QuiltswithConvicts 10-26-2010 03:17 AM

Thanks, ya'll

sandpat 10-26-2010 04:56 AM

Kathy....good luck! I know moves are a b*%$# to go through, but sometimes its nice to explore a new place once you get there. You already found a great little shop! Can you tell that I've moved around alot in my life?? :lol:

I'm happy and sad about finishing the blocks. Happy to be this far in the process, but scared as I get closer to having to hope everything matches up well in the sewing together the top part of it. Of course, that is looking ahead quite a bit as I still have a few tri's to finish and then cut out all my "betweens"...and of course all the hand quilting.

wilhelmina 10-26-2010 06:35 AM

Congrats Patti on your milestone! :lol:

Fingers crossed for you Kathy. :)

QuiltswithConvicts 10-26-2010 07:06 AM

Thanks, Meredith. We should be hearing any time, now. I brought my sewing machine, so I'm stitching up that breast cancer quilt. I'm putting the sashings on the blocks & sewing them together.

Butterflyspain 10-26-2010 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Thanks, Meredith. We should be hearing any time, now. I brought my sewing machine, so I'm stitching up that breast cancer quilt. I'm putting the sashings on the blocks & sewing them together.

Sounds really exciting, but moving is so stressful. I hope everything has gone well.

I must also say, thank you all for caring so much about me I was really touched to know that I had been missed. I should have told you that I had company coming.

Elle