Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

Lacelady 02-25-2011 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
I'm so happy you shared it Rach...she is a beauty for sure!

I went dashing off to find it too - the first one I found (under 'search') was basically a two colour one, so I had to keep looking for Rachels - much more a zingy version.

sandpat 02-25-2011 05:57 AM

Oh I think Rachel's is waaaay prettier..don't tell anyone though.

Esqmommy 02-25-2011 07:18 AM

You guys...stop! It was fun, but I'm glad it's done! It was distracting for my Jane...I will say that my instructor is the one who worked with me on design and color. She has made a ton of very colorful quilts and I was basically a copycat. I'll try to find some of hers (I have tons of pics) and see if she wouldn't mind if I post them!

It's POURING rain here in the Bay Area. I don't want to go outside, but I've been home all week, so it's time to see the light of day! Hope you all have a great Friday!

Lacelady 02-25-2011 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
You guys...stop! It was fun, but I'm glad it's done! It was distracting for my Jane...I will say that my instructor is the one who worked with me on design and color. She has made a ton of very colorful quilts and I was basically a copycat. I'll try to find some of hers (I have tons of pics) and see if she wouldn't mind if I post them!

It's POURING rain here in the Bay Area. I don't want to go outside, but I've been home all week, so it's time to see the light of day! Hope you all have a great Friday!

Careful - you will get webbed feet!

Esqmommy 02-25-2011 06:55 PM

Lesley, I need webbed feet these days. The rain is plentiful, which I suppose is a good thing in a state that has been through numerous water shortages. Probably difficult for an someone in Ireland, or the entire Britsh Isles, to imagine I suppose... And it's cold here too. A local mountain, called Mt. Diablo, has snow on it. I've lived her a loooong time and only seen that happen a handful of times!

Lacelady 02-26-2011 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
Lesley, I need webbed feet these days. The rain is plentiful, which I suppose is a good thing in a state that has been through numerous water shortages. Probably difficult for an someone in Ireland, or the entire Britsh Isles, to imagine I suppose... And it's cold here too. A local mountain, called Mt. Diablo, has snow on it. I've lived her a loooong time and only seen that happen a handful of times!

Brrrr, I don't want to see any more snow until at least next January. We got the first lot towards the end of November last year, at least a month before usual, and I am sick of being cold.

BevD 02-28-2011 02:33 PM

Finally finished my week 8 blocks. Have posted in the week 8 virtual section if you want to have a look.

Lucky I had the week 7 off as didn't get to sew for a while because my DD in the army was visiting from interstate.
Had an excellent time and catch up.

sandpat 02-28-2011 05:14 PM

Congrats Bev! I'll go have a look see....

So happy you got a great visit with DD!

BevD 02-28-2011 07:17 PM

Is everyone doing a journal for every block they finish?? I started to but then it sort of went by the wayside so at the moment I am just noting the pieces in each block.

QuiltswithConvicts 02-28-2011 07:45 PM

No journal, just a record of the number of pieces in each block. Kept it in an Excel spreadsheet. I was just grateful to get the blocks & tris done.

Now, if I could only get the quilting done! Am having arthritis problems & the temps are warming up, so sitting tucked under a quilt isn't appealing right now! 8-) I'll have all next year to quilt her. Since I started her in 1997, it doesn't matter that she won't be finished this season.