Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

kluedesigns 11-12-2009 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken

Originally Posted by kluedesigns

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
Yeah, I did it needleturn. It's a method I like the look of the finished product, and I'm good at it.

I cut the circle from cardboard, placed it on the fabric and roughly cut around with a 1/4 inch seam allowance. Then I tacked with lots of little stitches just inside the cut edge of the circle and pulled the ends so the seam allowance gathered over the cardboard. Then I turned it over (still holding the tacking thread tight) and ironed the snot out of it! :D Voila, perfect circles. A quick yank on one end of the tacking thread pulled it out, whip out the cardboard, and whack the lovely edged circle down on the fabric and sewed it on.

I did use fabric out of my scrap bin, so these blocks will be in the finished quilt.

I'd feel very important making a tute! LOL

As I was trying to describe it I was thinking it would be much easier with pictures. I might take some today, I've seen it done before but this is the first time I've used that method and it was very easy.

it sounds like rhonda's method except she uses a straight top stitch on the circle to attach it to the fabric.

if you feel like it, make a tute.

i don't use this method but i'm sure others would love to.

the more tutes we have the better - there are tons of ways to make the same block and the more options we have to choose from the better.

you're a VIP, blue

kluedesigns 11-12-2009 11:47 AM

to all,

please feel free to make tutes on the DJ blocks/triangles/etc.

like i said in the first post, i'm not the best on the forum nor do i know the best way to make the blocks.

we all have talent to contribute to this project. the more info we have the better quilters we all shall be.

Butterflyspain 11-12-2009 12:30 PM

I have to say Kelly that you are doing a grandjob here for all of us. We really do have a treasure in you.

I am liking everything you are saying re the tutes and the posting of the blocks.

Elle

BlueChicken 11-12-2009 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
I have to say Kelly that you are doing a grandjob here for all of us. We really do have a treasure in you.

I second that!

luvmortherest 11-12-2009 12:59 PM

i'll third that. does that mean that the motion carries? :P

bearpaw 11-12-2009 01:01 PM

Yes, the motion carries!

luvmortherest 11-12-2009 01:02 PM

yippieeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :lol:

bearpaw 11-12-2009 01:07 PM

In the software, do you think the line thickness matters when you print the block pattern. Is everyone just using the default for that?

bearisgray 11-12-2009 01:24 PM

some people are "doing their own thing" and pretty much ignoring the software

bearpaw 11-12-2009 01:27 PM

OK - I'll re-phrase - for those of us using the software - are you using the default line thickness?