Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

wilhelmina 09-30-2010 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Thanks everyone for your good wishes. I went today to help set things up with 2 of my girlfriends. We arrived around 3pm and left around 5pm. There was still a lot to do, but my then the men had arrived and were ready to hang the quilts on the higher rods in the ceiling. You are going to love all the things I am going to show you, there were pieces there that I hadnīt seen at all.

We have two quilts to raffle and everyone of our group brought cakes so we are going to sell tea/coffee and cake and all the proceeds from the raffle will go to the local childrens orphange, so hopefully we will do really well for them. I have a 9.30 till 1.30 stint tomorrow, so I will wander round and take photos for you all. Hopefully will get them posted before I go away on holiday.

Looking forward to it.

Elle

Looking forward to seeing your pics! :D

sandpat 09-30-2010 04:07 PM

*banging my head against the wall....BAM!! BAM!! BAM!!* I'm working on H-8....I just did the same dumb thing wrong- 3 times in a row!!! AAAKKKKKKK!!!

jolo 09-30-2010 04:31 PM

Oh that is the one I am working on for my Singing the Blues Jane.

Butterflyspain 09-30-2010 08:07 PM

Well that sounds something to look forward too. Hope you get it sorted out Patti, donīt you just hate that when something doesnīt come together for you.

Will post pics of the show when I get back today so look out for a thread called "Spanish Quilt Show" Okay

Elle

Janstar 09-30-2010 09:02 PM

Have a wonderful show Elle and I'll be waiting for photos!

sandpat 10-01-2010 05:03 AM

Have fun at the show Elle!!

I put the block down and I think I figured out what I was doing wrong..I sewed the "print" fabric in the wrong spot...:oops:

Butterflyspain 10-01-2010 06:03 AM

Oh I did have fun and I was speaking to some Spanish ladies who were in total awe at what they saw. Hope you think the same. I do have a lot of pictures to post so let me get them all posted for you.

cherrio 10-01-2010 08:55 AM

hi! new to this forum so . . . do I have to purchase software n such to participate in this quilt block adventure?

Butterflyspain 10-01-2010 09:02 AM

You can purchase the software which comes with a book of instructions its called "Dear Jane Quilt Design Software. JoAnns, Amazon to name but two have it. Comes with all the patterns either applique, Paper piecing or templates in the software which you can just print off. It is stand alone software and you donīt need EQ at all.

Come on and join us, we are having a blast, you can view all the weeks we have done as well.

Elle

jolo 10-01-2010 02:19 PM

Yes Cherrio join in ,the more the merrier, and more blocks to ooooooh and aaaaaaah over. You will become addicted along with the rest of us.