Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

Lacelady 02-17-2011 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Got my "joining" done today so I've only got to sew the binding down to the back. It seems surreal to me that I'm this far. DH is really excited. He keeps bragging on me :oops:..it makes me feel really proud of myself though. I can't wait for you all to get this feeling...At the same time...I'm finding myself not really knowing what to do with myself..and I'm not really finished yet!!

I did take some pics of sewing the binding on so when I have time in the next few days, I will post a thread with the pics and some tips..for whatever those are worth :lol:

NOW you know what I meant about that 'feeling' Patti - it is really strange. A mixture of wonderment, achievement, amazement (that you made it to the end) and goodness knows what else, and added to that, face ache from the big grin on your face, and a slight dread because of what will you do now you don't have a block to make tomorrow?

Never mind about that last part, because you already have the next one lined up!

sandpat 02-17-2011 05:43 PM

Yes, you're right Lesley! I got one side sewn last night..I have to get off here and get busy on the other sides!!

Janstar 02-17-2011 09:45 PM

So cool Patti!!

wilhelmina 02-18-2011 08:55 AM

Patti, you can see the finish! Awesome, can't wait to see pics of your finished Chocolate Jane!! :D

Butterflyspain 02-18-2011 11:23 AM

Well I am just loggingin here to let you all know I have ended up quilting by hand the backing on, just QITD, found my machine couldnīt cope with the weight of it all. So far 16 blocks done. Its going quite quickly reckon it will take around 3 weeks to get it done. Lets say its keeping me out of mischief.

sandpat 02-18-2011 04:17 PM

Well, Elle, there is something to be said for keeping YOU out of mischief! Just find some good oldie tv shows or movies, sit relax and quilt...that doesn't sound like bad duty to me!

I can't seem to sit still lately...too much going on. I have 2 sides left!

BevD 02-19-2011 03:45 AM

Sounds like people are nearly at the finish line! Well done and keep on going...
I have just uploaded pics of my week 6 blocks on the weekly topic link so head on over and let me know what you think.
Cheers everyone and keep on stitching :)

sandpat 02-19-2011 03:38 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Ahhhh....finally, finally, finally....FINISHED! I'd like to introduce you to Chocolate Jane! I still haven't washed her...I'm scared...but I have to! (the wash-away thread on the trapunto must be taken care of)

Here she is! I promise I will do the additional thread for the scallops and binding later tonight.

Shemjo 02-19-2011 04:27 PM

Patti, your trapunto looks great with your pebbling. And your cat loves it as well! It passes inspection! Happy Happy Happy!

sandpat 02-19-2011 04:58 PM

Thanks Sharon...did you catch the paw in the last pic kind of pointing out what she thinks is a mistake? I think she is petting the trapunto! :lol: