Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

Janstar 07-20-2011 08:47 PM

Can't wait to see Sew!!!!!!!!!!

sarahelloyd 07-21-2011 09:41 AM

I am still waiting to get my backing fabric, but it is getting nearer. Hopefully next week. Keep going Sew sounds like you are doing well!

jolo 07-22-2011 06:03 AM

I use my printer paper for pp. It works fine,and I dont have to change the paper out

pdtink 07-22-2011 07:37 AM

I know that I am very late to the party but this group is just what I need to get going on my DJ. I have the book, the software and the rulers. I need to order my background fabric. And I will be on my way. Thank you for the block schedule and the fabric requirements. That is a big help.

sandpat 07-22-2011 06:36 PM

Hi Pdtink....just jump on in and post your block pics on each week's threads. You'll find helpful information on each thread too. Click on the Topic Lists at the bottom of this page and then you will see the Jane Stickle Topic. If you click on that, you will find all the weekly thread and all other thread that pertain to Dear Jane that might interest you. Good luck, have fun and if you need some help, post here...somebody will answer you and offer some assistance.

Oh..and where in tn??? I'm in West Tn.

pdtink 07-23-2011 09:03 AM

Thanks for the information. It takes a village to do a Dear Jane. I do have one question. Does it really take 14-16 yards of background fabric? I do want to keep my background fabric all the same but that is alot of fabric to purchase at one time....and it seems like alot of fabric for a 84x84 quilt.
I am from east TN. Big Orange country, outside of Knoxville. If you get this way I can take you on a shop hop. We are lucky to have several great stores in our area.

sandpat 07-23-2011 06:43 PM

I didn't use that much background fabric. I bought 10 or 11 yrds. to do the sashing, kite background, plain tris, scallops (which were larger than the pattern called for) and binding. I used about 4 different creme backgrounds for the blocks and didn't buy them all at one time. My quilt is kind of scrappy...but not. The software is generous with the measurements.

Maybe someone who used the same background for everything will tell you how much they bought.

You do have some great LQSs over your direction!

Lacelady 07-24-2011 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
I didn't use that much background fabric. I bought 10 or 11 yrds. to do the sashing, kite background, plain tris, scallops (which were larger than the pattern called for) and binding. I used about 4 different creme backgrounds for the blocks and didn't buy them all at one time. My quilt is kind of scrappy...but not. The software is generous with the measurements.

Maybe someone who used the same background for everything will tell you how much they bought.

You do have some great LQSs over your direction!

I bought a 15 yd bolt from Hancocks of Paducah (cheaper if you buy more than 10 yards). I used it for everything - block backgrounds, sashings, plain tris, and scallops and I had about half a yard left at the end.

mim 07-24-2011 07:16 AM

I bought 7 yards of muslin but will use something else for the sashing. I had shipped all my muslin to WA last summer so now I will have some for future projects here. I haven't started anything yet because I am finishing up the hand quilting before I start any other hand work. I hope to finish up this week if the weather breaks.

I can't complain about the heat when I see the rest of the country is really baking and I have a seabreeze to keep things comfortable

Mim

Fabric Galore 07-24-2011 07:23 PM

I only ordered 7 yds for my background fabric. Joann.com had a 40% off sale and I ordered Kona cotton in buttercup.
I read somewhere that it took 5 yards for the background and 8 yards for the entire quilt. I will have to order more fabric. Perhaps I can find another coupon.