Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

BlueChicken 12-01-2009 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by cutebuns
But if you are doing one, is the second one that hard it you do it at the same time?

Yeah well... if I'm gunna go mad, I might as well make a good job of it! PMSL

If I could get a bit of a head start I'd feel better, but I'm seriously considering it.

cutebuns 12-01-2009 11:24 PM

After playing with some of the blocks, I am raring to go and while I was looking for some fabric to do a giraffe bag tonight I was eyeing my scraps and wanting to start on my DJ. The ones that I am doing right now are for a table topper for my mom but they are good practice.

I find working on more than one block is faster than just doing one, the cutting etc all goes faster, so it a Jane would take you 400 hours, then the second if you did it at the same time might only take 300, just an example, I have no idea how long it is going to take me to make my jane.

kluedesigns 12-01-2009 11:26 PM

i agree with you guys - its really not that much harder to make 2 at the same time.

i think the only time it would be rough would be when its time to quilt both of them.

cutebuns 12-01-2009 11:29 PM

That would be a difference, and since I have a HQ16, then it wouldn't be as bad as trying to stuff it through my smaller machine.

That or the cost if you plan on sending them out, I imagine for the custom quilt job that you may want for them that it would cost a pretty penny.

Sheree from Chicago 12-02-2009 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
i just started counting up the names of the people who will be in the Cyber Block Party (drum roll please)

its 56

how incredible will that be at the end and there's 56 pics of various jane quilts posted on the forum.

I bet there will be more. Do ya think?

Sheree from Chicago 12-02-2009 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
Was talking to a friend at my favourite quilt shop today, saying I would be making a Dear Jane next year. She thought I was mad. So I didn't mention I'm considering doing two! PMSL

If all goes well with Jane, I would like to make Nearly Insane by Liz Lois. Someone on Facebook posted her pic in brights and it was over the top. I couldn't do a second Jane but this quilt is similiar.

Lacelady 12-02-2009 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by Sheree from Chicago

i just started counting up the names of the people who will be in the Cyber Block Party (drum roll please)

its 56

how incredible will that be at the end and there's 56 pics of various jane quilts posted on the forum.

Well, Ninnie will make it up to 57, and if Cutie and I are doing it, I am willing to bet she will come on board, because she won't want to be left out when she sees how much fun it is.

I was thinking Muslin and batiks for my DJ, but I can't get the soft kind that you have over there, so Kona cotton from Hancocks seems a good option, thank you for that idea, now to choose the colour, but it will probably be a white or cream
I think.

kluedesigns 12-02-2009 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by Sheree from Chicago

its 56

there might be a few more waiting to see if they get the stuff for christmas.

it really adds up quickly. i'm not used to making such large quilts and i was surprised at how much fabric you need.

kosmos 12-02-2009 04:54 AM

its 56

Am I on the list?

Esqmommy 12-02-2009 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
Ok, I have the book, I have just ordered the software and ruler, so please add me to your list for the Cyber party. All I need now is yards and yards of background and sashing, and I have no idea what to choose for that. What is everyone else doing please?

Hi there Leslie - I'm doing mine in reds, corals, cream, turquoise (splashes) and browns. I posted a thread on her somewhere with the first part of my stash. I've been collecting along the way getting ready. All my fabrics I would consider "modern" not civil war, not calico. I haven't decided her name yet, but I've been calling my quilt "modern jane" just as a working title.

I think batiks would be gorgeous...if you have trouble getting things there, you can always let me shop over here and send it to you??!! I love shopping...:)