Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

cutebuns 12-04-2009 11:30 AM

Does the Bamboo/cotton blend have the same problem or is it the straight Bamboo that has the bearding problem?

kluedesigns 12-04-2009 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
thanks, i've made a bunch of them now - it seems to be the standard breast cancer quilt that people around here want.

Do you have a pattern or is that your own design?

its based on a quilt i had seen a few years back that was done in shades of blue and it looked more like waves or ripples of water.

sadly, in my area i've become the breast cancer quilter. i'm honored to make the quilts but i'd much rather everyone be healthy and to never make another one again.

luvmortherest 12-04-2009 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany

thanks, i've made a bunch of them now - it seems to be the standard breast cancer quilt that people around here want.

Do you have a pattern or is that your own design?

its based on a quilt i had seen a few years back that was done in shades of blue and it looked more like waves or ripples of water.

sadly, in my area i've become the breast cancer quilter. i'm honored to make the quilts but i'd much rather everyone be healthy and to never make another one again.

wouldn't that be wonderful not to ever "have" to make one again

Butterflyspain 12-04-2009 01:30 PM

I have a question, how is the Dear Jane quilted. Is it in the ditch? I have never seen anything about that.

Tiffany 12-04-2009 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by cutebuns
Does the Bamboo/cotton blend have the same problem or is it the straight Bamboo that has the bearding problem?

I believe it's the straight bamboo batting but will have to ask to be sure.

cutebuns 12-04-2009 03:53 PM

I was just asking as they carry both at the one LQS and said that if it was done on a long arm there wasn't as much issue with just the bamboo, but done on the domestic machines that they prefered to use the blend. I don't get to that LAS very often, though next time I am in maybe I will talk more if they are not busy.

Janstar 12-04-2009 05:30 PM

I was wondering about that too Elle. It's hard to see in the pictures what everyone has done.

Esqmommy 12-04-2009 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
I have a question, how is the Dear Jane quilted. Is it in the ditch? I have never seen anything about that.

I haven't either and wondered the same thing. Do you think Jane used cotton batting? Also, do you think it was a quilting bee that worked on it? I was just thinking that the other day...perhaps she had some help on this monster of a quilt!

sandpat 12-04-2009 08:40 PM

Elle...I'm thinking that the quilt will call for some custom quilting in a lot of the blocks...but QID will look really good for a lot of them too. I'm going to have to look at some pics and do alot of zooming in to see the quilting on some already done.

Sheree from Chicago 12-04-2009 09:06 PM

Minkee would be another option for the back. Soooooooo soft!