Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

cheriffic 12-27-2009 06:47 PM

Yes it is. I am in the same boat I don't have the backing or the batting either. I bought most of mine at a quilt show
I haven't added it all but I know I am past 400 so far. Ouch!

Brazen 12-27-2009 06:53 PM

I don't plan on buying the batting/backing until the end... no reason to, really, if you don't want to! :)

I'm going to send mine to a long-armer... someone who's done quilts for me before, so I'll have that expense, too. hehe

cheriffic 12-27-2009 06:56 PM

That is what I plan to do to wait til the end. I have a longarm so I will be doing that part myself thank goodness.

cutebuns 12-27-2009 06:58 PM

Happy that I have a long arm and that one of them will be done from scraps,

retrogirl02 12-27-2009 07:02 PM

I'm with the quilters waiting to buy batting and backing until the end. By then, I'll be so jazzed to be on to the quilting that the cost is nothing in comparison. Plus, *bonus* I'll have more money to play with on the hunt for 30s repros. WOO HOO! Gotta love that!

user3587 12-27-2009 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by cheriffic
That is what I plan to do to wait til the end. I have a longarm so I will be doing that part myself thank goodness.

I have a midarm on a frame, but I'm not an experienced quilter, maybe I will be by then. but I'm not sure when I will find time to get that experience. I'll cross that bridge later.
As for the backing and batting, I won't wait that long. The price will be considerably higher. I've seen the price of good fabric go up anywhere from 1/3 to 1/2 and even more depending on the saler. I can't buy anything in Jan but I will start looking for a good deal on a backing fabric. Does anyone know what batting they will be using. I feel that this is going to be a pretty heavy quilt top.

cheriffic 12-27-2009 07:06 PM

30's repros that will be really pretty too. I already can't wait to see what everyones quilts look like.

cheriffic 12-27-2009 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by okie

Originally Posted by cheriffic

I have a midarm on a frame, but I'm not an experienced quilter, maybe I will be by then. but I'm not sure when I will find time to get that experience. I'll cross that bridge later.
As for the backing and batting, I won't wait that long. The price will be considerably higher. I've seen the price of good fabric go up anywhere from 1/3 to 1/2 and even more depending on the saler. I can't buy anything in Jan but I will start looking for a good deal on a backing fabric. Does anyone know what batting they will be using. I feel that this is going to be a pretty heavy quilt top.

I have a Tin Lizzie 18. I have had it almost 3 years but I just got it running a couple of months ago. It is not as easy as it looks. I too need more practice. I have done a lot of the preprinted things and that really does build your experience since you really have to try and follow shapes patterns etc...

I think I will be using warm and natural it plays nice with the longarm and it doesn't fall apart when it is washed.

cheriffic 12-27-2009 07:15 PM

Well a couple more ten hour days at work then a nice long week end to get started on my first block. I tried to scan all these fabrics to place them but it takes forever I think I may just pick and sew and put them together as they go. I think it will look fine. Is everyone planning color placement or just as you make them?

kluedesigns 12-27-2009 07:20 PM

i haven't gotten my backing either - i'm always on the lookout for one but i haven't come across anything that makes me happy yet.