Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

kluedesigns 11-30-2009 01:14 PM

cutebuns

the blocks look so amazing! i bow before you - i would never have that precision level without paper piecing them.

Barbm 11-30-2009 01:23 PM

klue- my travel agent said no scissors, was wondering about the needles. I could always bite the thread- although I consider that a no-no. And I guess I'll have to finger press. Now I'm thinking maybe I should just forget it. But me, 4 hours in one place- not good. I can't even watch a movie without dancing in my seat. I think I have adult ADHD.

Marinemom2J 11-30-2009 01:27 PM

Maybe you could take a thread cuter like knitters use. I have one that I took on a airplane trip with no problem. It hangs around your neck like a medallion. I think it is made by Clover.

kluedesigns 11-30-2009 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Marinemom2J
Maybe you could take a thread cuter like knitters use. I have one that I took on a airplane trip with no problem. It hangs around your neck like a medallion. I think it is made by Clover.

brilliant idea, do this barbm

cutebuns 11-30-2009 01:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Klue, I tend to work a lot with little pieces, I did mess up one of the corners on this one and have to go back, warning, the rotary cutting directions on this one are a bit big, I will have to take a closer look at it when I go to do it for the quilt.

luvmortherest 11-30-2009 02:07 PM

absolutely awesome.......you are on a roll

NiceNCLady 11-30-2009 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by cutebuns
Thanks Klue, I tend to work a lot with little pieces, I did mess up one of the corners on this one and have to go back, warning, the rotary cutting directions on this one are a bit big, I will have to take a closer look at it when I go to do it for the quilt.

These blocks aren't for your quilt? You're doing all these blocks for the fun of it? lol

ai731 11-30-2009 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Barbm
klue- my travel agent said no scissors, was wondering about the needles. I could always bite the thread- although I consider that a no-no. And I guess I'll have to finger press. Now I'm thinking maybe I should just forget it.

I flew to the UK this summer with my English-paper piecing project in my carry-on, and worked on it on the plane with no problems. For cutting your thread - take a container of dental floss. The cutter on those works great for thread, and airport security has no problems with dental floss containers!

Jan

cutebuns 11-30-2009 02:45 PM

Not really for the fun of it, I saw in the project area a table topper and I immediately thought of my DM, she has a nice round table etc and I think it would be perfect for it. I wouldn't mind one for my table but would use different colors and do more than the 30 blocks that I need for DM's. I am using it a warm up for Jan.

kluedesigns 11-30-2009 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by ai731

Originally Posted by Barbm
klue- my travel agent said no scissors, was wondering about the needles. I could always bite the thread- although I consider that a no-no. And I guess I'll have to finger press. Now I'm thinking maybe I should just forget it.

I flew to the UK this summer with my English-paper piecing project in my carry-on, and worked on it on the plane with no problems. For cutting your thread - take a container of dental floss. The cutter on those works great for thread, and airport security has no problems with dental floss containers!

Jan

another brilliant idea!!!