Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

Janstar 07-24-2011 08:07 PM

I bought a bolt of muslin and had about three yards left. I used it for all my background, sashings, scallops and backing. I did that so the die lot would be the same. It was natural color. I also used long strips to make my scallops so they weren't pieced. Looking foreward to seeing your progress! Pictures are always welcome!!!

pdtink 07-25-2011 03:17 AM

Thanks so much for all the information. I think I will order a bolt from Hancocks. Neuturals are good for so many projects....maybe a case of more is better.

Fabric Galore 07-25-2011 05:38 AM

I lucked out and I found another coupon for 40% off at Joann's. I ordered 8 more yards of the Kona cotton in buttercup. That will give me a total of 15 yards so unless I waste a lot of material I should be all set.

sandpat 07-25-2011 05:49 AM

Sounds good Losie! You should be good to go!

Lacelady 08-01-2011 02:17 PM

I put my Jane in the craft section of a small Agricultural Show today, and won First Prize! I am chuffed to bits - no ribbon, but I have a small certificate and won €40

I have it entered in a much larger Agricultural Show in two weeks time, and I've never been to it, so I have no idea what the 'competition' might be like - first prize in that one is a Brother NV10A - I don't really need another sewing machine, but I am sure my DD and granddaughters might like it, if I am lucky enough to win. If not, second prize is €50, third is €30, and fourth is €20. Who knows, I might be lucky again.

sandpat 08-01-2011 04:22 PM

Oh...I see that new machine in your future Lesley!!

I checked on our fair...1st prize is $3.00. Thats not much for me to risk leaving it somewhere out of my sight!

QuiltswithConvicts 08-01-2011 07:42 PM

Congratulations!!! You should do really well in the next one, too! Your Jane is stunning!

Lacelady 08-01-2011 11:54 PM

Aw, thanks ladies - its the first prize I have won for a quilt, so I do admit to a sense of achievement.

QuiltswithConvicts 08-02-2011 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat

I checked on our fair...1st prize is $3.00. Thats not much for me to risk leaving it somewhere out of my sight!

The people that organize your fair must also organize our fair.That's the 1st place prize here, too! 2nd place = $2 & 3rd place is $1. Maybe 100 years ago, that was a "prize." Today, it doesn't even cover the cost of gas to drive to the fairgrounds!

Lacelady 08-02-2011 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts

Originally Posted by sandpat

The people that organize your fair must also organize our fair.That's the 1st place prize here, too! 2nd place = $2 & 3rd place is $1. Maybe 100 years ago, that was a "prize." Today, it doesn't even cover the cost of gas to drive to the fairgrounds!

Oh, that's a shame - the village where the show was held is quite small, I estimate perhaps 500 people, but last year the attendance at the show was 35,000 and they charge €10 entry fee per adult (parking is free), and give prizes totalling €45,000.
Yesterday was the 62nd annual show, and was opened by the Prime Minister (he has an Irish title, but I can't spell it, I really must learn!).