Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

sandpat 08-02-2011 06:03 AM

Wow, thats quite the fair Lesley! Yes, its pretty rinky dinky around here. Truthfully, I would rather just display it in a quilt display show than leave it at the fairgrounds. At the last "display" I went to, at least there were Ladies there all the time who kept people from handling the quilts and to keep an eye on them. At the fairgrounds, there is no one around the quilts...they just lay there out in the open. Maybe I'm a bit too protective of mine :roll:

ann clare 08-02-2011 12:42 PM

Lesley congratulations on your win. Your quilt is stunning. Best of Luck in 2 weeks time.

Derla 08-02-2011 12:48 PM

I have been wanting to do a Dear Jane quilt for a long time -- I hope I can get the "push" I need to work on it this time.
Derla

Fabric Galore 08-02-2011 02:47 PM

Congraulations Lesley and good luck on the next fair. You are winning prizes for your DJ and I am just making plans to start on mine. Joann's ran out of the Kona cotton. I finally got 8 yds of Kona cotton in buttercup yellow from fabric.com for $4.69 per yd. I thought that was a pretty good price. I already had 7 yds from Joann's. Now I just have to find time for DJ and still work on AOTH.

Lacelady 08-02-2011 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Fabric Galore
Congraulations Lesley and good luck on the next fair. You are winning prizes for your DJ and I am just making plans to start on mine. I finally got 15 yds of Kona cotton in buttercup yellow from fabric.com for $4.69 per yd. I thought that was a pretty good price. Now I just have to find time for DJ and still work on AOTH.

Thanks Losie - difficult decision - which one to work on. And so far, it has only been one prize, though another would be nice. I like to keep my feet firmly on the ground you know.

Fabric Galore 08-02-2011 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Sounds good Losie! You should be good to go!

Did you use the Electric Quilt to lay out your color scheme and patterns for DJ? I was thinking of eliminating some of the advanced blocks and substituting some easier blocks.

sarahelloyd 08-02-2011 04:35 PM

Wll done Lesley, your quilt is only getting what it deserves. I hope you win the next one too. There can't be many quilts with as much work as yours has!!

sandpat 08-02-2011 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Fabric Galore

Originally Posted by sandpat
Sounds good Losie! You should be good to go!

Did you use the Electric Quilt to lay out your color scheme and patterns for DJ? I was thinking of eliminating some of the advanced blocks and substituting some easier blocks.

Well...I thought I would when I started...but got lazy and didn't follow through with that. Of course, I didn't follow the Around the world color scheme or any other scheme for that matter. Mine is more 'scrappy" I just pulled from my bag of fabs for Jane. When I laid it out at the end, I did have a few duplicates too close to one another, so I just moved them somewhere else on the quilt.

You can certainly eliminate whatever blocks you want to...its YOUR quilt! You might want to just wait a bit to do them though until you are more in the "groove" of doing them..they won't be so hard further on down the road.

Lacelady 08-03-2011 12:45 AM

I just drew out a grid for the numbers of blocks, then coloured them in with pencils to roughly match the fabrics I had. Then I assigned a fabric to each colour on the grid - cut a scrap out and stapled it beside the grid to keep me on track.

Even so I made a couple of blocks in the 'wrong' fabric, so I moved them, rather than remaking them.

sandpat 08-03-2011 05:31 AM

Lesley, what a smart easy way to do it!