Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

BevD 03-26-2011 02:50 AM

Nice blocks Anael, can't say I can see anything wrong with the yellow one though.

Although I feel the same about some of mine, but am going to wait to the end as they say and see what it looks like altogether.

sandpat 03-26-2011 05:25 AM

Great looking blocks Anael! I totally agree with the others. DON'T redo it now. Believe me, by the time you get a whole bunch of them done, it will fit right in. I don't see anything wrong with it right now anyway. You will need a few to kinda pop out ya' know. It adds interest to the quilt.

Anael 03-26-2011 06:05 AM

Thanks all for the compliments and the heads up! I will not redo the block now as you all advice, will wait till the end too and see if it fits in.

I love being a part of this group!

sewNso 03-26-2011 07:34 AM

nice blocks Ana. that's what i did, picked out easy ones to get used to tiny, tiny pieces. then went back and made sure i had done the blocks in the lst 3 weeks. i printed off a bunch of easy blocks to do when i was about done.--- tired---easy blocks, fresh---- triangles, etc. so glad we are moving along together. are you going to try and get yours done in like 18 mo? i have hopes. but, weeks of company, and travel, might interfer. going to get several applique ones, laid aside for the motor home.

Anael 03-26-2011 08:03 AM

Thanks sewNso! I don't know if I manage to get it done in 18 months. I'm not done with the first 3 weeks yet, working according that scedule now. I'm away on holidays in June and I guess during summer I won't do that much sewing. Besides I do have my Syvlia Bridal (still 100 blocks to go) and some other projects. I'm glad we're together on this journey :D

luvmortherest 03-26-2011 11:26 AM

beautiful blocks

QuiltswithConvicts 03-26-2011 01:52 PM

Bev, your blocks are so cute! Really nice job done.

I really enjoyed making them. Now I'm waiting for cooler weather so I can continue hand quilting JJ.

Janstar 03-26-2011 06:21 PM

Anael, your blocks and tris look great! Good advise to just wait on the ones you don't like. We all had several like that but they fit right in.

Anael 03-27-2011 11:08 AM

I'm having a big fight with block M3. I keep telling the parts they are cut according to the pattern and they should fit, no arguement about that but they don't. Now I have a very close relationship with my ripper :( I think I will call it a day and try again tomorrow, maybe from a different angle.

QuiltswithConvicts 03-27-2011 03:22 PM

Ana - WOW! your blocks look great! They are very addictive as once you get started, you can hardly stop.